March 15, 2010

MB Circle Challenge Layout

Well Pam at TheBugBytes.com posted a challenge on the Cricut Message Board in Gypsy Chat. This is my project. When Pam announced this project I immediately grabbed the green tissue paper from Mother's gift and the green tulle with the white polkadots....
Unfortunately while doing this project I crashed our laptop when I got a virus from an email that I received from facebook.... so please don't open those links in the emails from FB, go directily to the site and open with your account by password and you will be fine. This suggestion is from Best Buy.
I made circles by tracing objects from my desk and used them as a pattern to cut.
I scrunched them up and then glued them together. First I used glue dots and quickly changed to Zip Dry glue. It took longer to dry but was easier to work with.
I glued little buttons in the center and used white diamond stickles to make it just shimmer.
When I got home I chose my photo and the paper. Becasue I am still working from our Zoo photos I used DCWV Animal Crackers.... I didn't used the top sheet, instead I introduced more tulle.
I cut my design which I will share with you after my computer starts working again! Or if I can borrow another this is just too slow today. As you can see the lime was a rough cut as it was glitter paper I should have done a 5 cut from the gyspy but I did 2 and another 2 so the lines were not perfect. I used the chalk along the edges as I didn't want to do another cut and it worked just fine.
Time to put together. I used 3 layers... as you can see below, it really gave an interesting look and helped tone down the brown and bring out the circles a little better.
I added the lime swirls, backed the photo and the circle flowers I made.
I sure hope you enjoyed my little project for this week. It was a lot different from what I normally do and it was sooooo much fun. I can't even imagince how many circleS are used in this layout! Click for Circle Page.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank you for stopping by today. I enjoy your comment and am encouraged by them.
signature

15 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, I don't know how you do it!!! What a beautiful layout! Love the tissue paper flowers! You put so much detail in your work, it's amazing!!!

papillon digital design said...

Love it. That flower is so cute. I have to get that toulle thing whatever it is.
But a little disappointed not see our Chester's face peeking out He is so not talking to you. he came all the way here expecting to be there when he saw himself in the blog. :)

Jodie R said...

Sheila, This is amazing! I LOVE what you did with the tulle. I am so inspired! Thank you! Have you ever noticed I can't type without "!'s" I would shout my enthusiasm if you could hear me on the net. LOVE it!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an absolutely gorgeous layout.. so sorry to hear about your computer problems. I have had some computer problems myself today. Someone hacked an old yahoo account that I had and was sending things to people in my old address book... had to change my password and reset everything, then I ran a 2 1/2 hour scan on my computer to make sure I was ok.. Thanks for the tip about not opening up the FB emails on the computer... I sure don't want a trojan horse...

flowerdisco said...

Sheila...love how you used the tulle on the flowers and as a layer. TFS the tip about FB.

Anonymous said...

Love the flowers!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Sheila, how fun is this! I love this idea.... can't wait to try it! You've been busy! Happy Monday!

Sandy said...

Just spent some time looking over what I've missed and oh what I've missed...you busy bee you...and I have to say I am super excited about these flowers...you just know they are going to be bloomin on one of my pages in the near future...you always have so much fun stuff ms Sheila...and so very talented you are...as yoda would say....just love every little thing you do...you rock gf!

Dawn McCarty said...

love the lo. great job

Magoo said...

another really creative layout!! I love that you used fabric and tissue paper!! The effect really worked out so well!!!!

ummmmm....Chester wants to know if he's upset you in any way?

He's hoping he might get the limelight in your next project.....lol!!!

Sharon said...

Awesome layout!! Love the flowers and all the wonderful circles and colors!! :)

Barb Craft said...

Sheila... this is soooo super fun! I love all the layers and the different textures you used! It looks like a lot of fun to make! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Barb :)

Snowmanlover said...

I love your project!!!

cuttlebug_fan said...

Great LO! I love how you put a lot of detail into it.

Michele said...

What wonderful techniques! Love your layout and thank you for showing how you made it, I love learning new things!