April 14, 2010

How to make your own Doily

Good morning every one! It is an honor and  pleasure to be a "Sassy Lady" and I want to thank Sheila for inviting me to be part of her amazing blog venture. My demo today is about "making your own paper doily".


Cut a 9" circle.


Cut 2" strips of another paper. I cut 4 and had left over pieces.


Punch the edges, one side only. I used MS's lace punch.


Ink the edges softly.



Cut every two scallop. Fold them in half as if you were making a pleat.


Start gluing them unto your circle. Make sure they overlap, this way  you can follow the "circle shape".


This is what it looks like when you have glued them all the way around.


I sewed it with a zig zag stitch.



This is what it looks like after you sewed it. I did it about 1/4 ' from the edge to give it more dimension.


Voila! This is the page I made with my "handmade Doily". Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Do no hesitate to write to me if you have any questions at: beatrizguzman58@yahoo.com. My blog is called Amazing Grace and you can find me at: http://beatrizguzman58.blogspot.com Happy Wednesday!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

that is just gorgeous!!!! Great job!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh look at how beautiful this is!!! I love it and would have never thought of this on my own! I just love seeing your projects as I learn so much from you! BEAUTIFUL thank you for sharing this wonderful doily with us!!!!

Crystal said...

Gorgeous!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Now that I have had my first cup of coffee and look again I see this BEAUTIFUL layout! And a gorgeous couple and I had to comment again on this page as it is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Even when I looked through the photos I wasn't expecting the layout to look as beautiful as it does!!!! What a great technique and layout! Great job!!

Bobbi said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial. I will be trying this in the future. Now to figure out where I shoved the sewing machine.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Saw this over at Bea's blog. Love love love it! Will definitely trying this idea. Fantastic layout as well!

papillon digital design said...

very pretty. Except for the stitching part , I will be doing this project.

Unknown said...

This is so great! You make it look so easy! This is a wonderful project that I'm going to try straight away! Thanks for posting!

Karen

Becky Roper said...

Great job! This is so cute, I can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

WOW this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing Bea. I will definately be trying this. Thanks Sassy for having her as a guest.
bevb

Debbie Bakk said...

This is lovely what a great idea and beautiful job you did. I will have to try this...I usually dont sew to much but will give a try. Thanks

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Thank you again Sheila. Have a blessed and happy Wednesday!

Fern said...

What a fantastic tutorial!!!! I will be using this one for sure!!!! TFS!!!!! XXXX

Carol said...

What a lovely creation and such a charming way to add great personality to a LO. I'll have to give this technique a try. Thanx for your great directions!
Hugz,
♥Carol♥

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Wow, that is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I was wondering, how big were the strips that you cut.

Audrey Frelx said...

How beautiful!!! Love the combination of papercrafting and sewing!!!

flowerdisco said...

beatriz...what a great technique. beautiful if i must say, tfs!

Kathlene said...

Wow, I am loving this technique and am definitely going to give it a try. Thanks for the detailed dirctions and photos! Your layout is gorgeous!

CuddlyBunny said...

SO COOL! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Loved your tutorial...now I'll have to try it. As always, your stuff is simply amazing.
Pat M.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Your page is absolutely beautiful!!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

This is very sweet! Thanks for the tutorial! Love it!

Cheryll said...

Amazing! Thank you!