April 8, 2010

Love

Good Morning everyone I am so excited to do this TBBM page for you today. This is a simple page that anyone can do. This is my handsome hubby and I at our daughters wedding 11 years ago!  I used TBBM for the circle and the grunge flowers. The word Love is from the Sweethearts cart and the swirls are from Home Decor.
The background flocked paper is from Me and My Big Ideas... the Sassy Stack (imagine that), the glitter paper is from HL and the black and white patterned papers are from K and C Company from their
Specialty Stack. While at HL I just couldn't help but use a couple of items from the bridal department to complete the look of this page. It's amazing what your can find to put on your pages to dress them up for little of nothing... and I am partial to the pearls.
The first thing I do when I make a layout is design it... everything I want on the page appears on my first page of My Gypsy Woman. I then highlight the item, tap add a page and paste so it will be the exact size I want. I use any square box from any cart to show where my photos will appear. I always cut out extra flowers as I always end up with more on the page than my layout shows. After I alter the flower they will be a different size and I don't want to loose the look I started with.
I just love this.... one cut... To get this look I used one TBBM circle and copied it, set one right on the other and then resized till I got the look I liked and weled them together. I then added the swirls and once again welded for that beautiful single cut.
I actually have two pages of flowers but didn't want to bore you with another page of them. I did cut the word Love three times from scrap card stock from the DCWV Taj Mahal stack. This gave it the look of chipboard and more of a presence on the page.
Beautiful clean cut, the blade was set at 5, pressure 4 and speed slow. cut 3 times.
I coated the back of all the flowers with Mod Podge to keep them from ripping with I rolled them with a thin cuticle stick or you could you the base of a slim paint brush. I rolled each petal toward the bottom. Christina from Creations from Christina has directions for this flower on her blog, however this one was totally altered for an eight petal cut.
I removed two petals for the center of the flower.
And only 1 for the next.
I glued the two together and then trimed the bottom a little so they would sit flatter.
I used a little tiny black flower with a pearl in the center on the inside of the flowers I am making. I place the center into the two bottom pieces that were just clued together just staggered a little. I did all eight flowers not knowing how many I would actually use.... as they are black and white any leftovers can be used on many things.
For you Pam.... this is what I do after I get all my cuts ready. I lay all the pieces on the background paper and start placing any embellies on the page too. In this case I chose the charm I wanted, and the pearls... I used two different sizes and styles. After I get the look I want then I adhere all the components.
So lets put it together... I used pop dots under the photos so they would be lifted off of the glitter circle to prevent the photo from having a slight crease. The pearls, flowers and charm were adhered by using large glue dots.
I used a silver charm and tied a white ribbon on it and used glue dots to adhere it to the paper, and I used cut portions of thepop dots to lift the word Love.
 
Well I sure hope you liked my little TBBM project today and hope you have fun making one also! This is the Gypsy Sassy Love File.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank You for your sweet~sweet words of encouragement within your comments. I always look forward to reading them as they are so inspiring!
signature

21 comments:

Melissa said...

This page is GORGEOUS Sheila! Everything about it is perfect!

217 Creations said...

Sassy it is just beautiful!!!! I love how you made the flowers!!!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Oh... you did it again! Those flowers rock... how beautiful they are! I love the pictures and the colors are just perfect! What a way to start our Thursday... Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

OMG I Love it!!! I so have to scraplift this!!! Your flowers are so pretty....the swirl around the circle is just lovely....the colors look great....you and hubby look great too!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

what a gorgeous layout!!! And what a gorgeous couple you and the dh make!!!

Sorry, you won't have time to visit when you're here next week, I would have loved to have had come to meet you for lunch or a snack or something! Please try on your next visit! I would be so glad to meet with you! I hope you enjoy yourself while your here -- it's still a great city!!! And, I hope the weather welcomes you favorably!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

What a great layout and you are so beautiful. I really need to start looking at my layouts this way on the Cricut Mat. Thank you for sharing this and making me re-think my layout designs.

CuddlyBunny said...

This is a perfect example of what scrapbooking can do: Provide a beautiful frame for a meaningful photograph.

Really, a truly gorgeous project!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh wow Shelia, and you call this simple... WOW it is just breath taking...

Granny said...

Beautiful page love the flowers and pearls are my favorite!

papillon digital design said...

Precious precious memory showcased in a lovely , lovely layout. You rock girl!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, I like your flowers and the glittery circle. Thanks for sharing with us.
Heather H.

Carol said...

WOW, Sheila ... I totally love this LO ... it's elegant beyond words! I swear GF, you work keeps getting better and better with everything you do! Amazing job!
Hugz,
♥Carol♥

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Apr. 09, 2010. Thanks again.

SweetSassyDiva said...

really cute! no hiding that in a book!

http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

Sentimental Scrapper said...

What a beautiful layout! Love the flowers!

2 Ducky said...

This is stunning! WOW!

Left you an award on my blog if you want it. :) Have a great night. http://just2ducky.blogspot/

Sandi Clarkson said...

Sheila, I missed this earlier when I was by, then saw it just now on the MB. Great page, fab flowers and look at that cute couple! Great idea using the modge podge!

2 Ducky said...

Sheila - perfectly fine. :) I noticed the awesome new designer and I didn't want to detract either, hence me putting it down here. We are on the same page. Take care, Kris

Larelyn said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Such talent. I love, love, love it.

Jen Green said...

I love these pic's of you and dad!!!!!! They show how much you and dad love each other to this day!!!!

Beth said...

Wow, Sheila, very stunning. I love how you use your G in all of your projects. I need to do that more. This one is just great.