April 12, 2010

SFTN - Life Is Tweet

Life Is Tweet and so is the all new Straight From The Nest Cart! I had so much fun creating this cute little card and it was soooo easy anyone can do it.
This is how it looks on my Gypsy screen. Because the paper I used on the tree was a brown print I did not use the tree base.
I did not put score marks on the paper so you do need to match up the edges and see where the bone folder is, that is the upper right corner on the card. Make sure you use a bone folder to get a nice clean edge.
I used my handy tape again as the spacing was perfect already so why play around trying to get straight and lined up correctly when all you need to do is lay this down.... so easy.
I lifted the tape a little and chalked te little birdies on the word tweet and then put the tape back down.
I also chalked my little birdies beak and legs to give a more realistic look and eventually I remember to use a black marker for the eyes.
I then started putting the card together and it was really easy. I piece at a time.
These little blue flowers were actually in a floral arrancement on my dining room table.... a little accent that 6 little petals fell off the arrangement, so I figured they would work perfectly, so I used them.
I thought I would do a side view so you could see the beautiful glitter paper.... the plaid and the pink leaves are from the DCWB Animal Crackers Stack and the others are from an old DCWV floral card stack from a couple of years ago, some pieces I had left over.
Isn't it cute? This is so out of the box for me. I can't believe I used a plaid that was this bold!
So what do you think...
Hope you liked todays cards. This is the Gypsy Card Bird Cut File and the DS Bird Card Cut File.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank you for your sweet word of encouragment. Your comments continue to inspire me.
signature

11 comments:

Bobbi said...

Very cute card.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fab card Sheila! I still have some of that paper myself. Need to use it up! Thanks for all your fab inspiration!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

This is such a sweet card, Sheila! I LOVE your tape idea. How clever!

2 Ducky said...

Goes without saying that I love your card... HOWEVER, those little birdies are too, too cute!

217 Creations said...

Great Job! I love this cartridge!

papillon digital design said...

Tho Tweet. Chirp Chirp!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You are such an inspiration.. Thanks for all the tips you share Shelia

flowerdisco said...

HANDY TAPE???? :) mmm, TFS!

love the font you decided to use and the beautiful tree. the card came out so very pretty!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Word Art(s), Word Book(s) post on Apr. 13, 2010. Thanks again.

Melissa said...

I love the colors. It is such a cute card. Thanks for sharing. I have been wanting this cartridge and now I know for sure.

Ohhh Snap said...

What a great card, and congratulations on your card being featured on http://3birdsdesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/bird-spotting-10.html!!