June 20, 2010

Sawyer's Smile

Sawyer's mom Jennifer comforts him. (Photo by Kim Carapucci By CBS Channel 42) 



UPDATE 10/19/2010
SAWYER IS OUT OF SURGERY AND IS IN ICU
PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR HIS RECOVERY
THIS WAS AN ALL DAY SURGERY.

UPDATE 10/19/2010
SAWYER IS IN SURGERY
Please join me in prayer for my little friend. He is in surgery now as I write this and is receiving his new liver. Sawyer has been in surgery for 5 hours thus far and are about to remove his old liver. PLEASE LIFT HIM IN PRAYER TODAY AND OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

UPDATE: This is the link (HERE) to see the video on the news cast regarding my little friend Sawyer.


PHOTO POSTER ADDED 7/18




Friday night and Saturday our local television station CBS channel 42 ran a story regarding Sawyer's need for a liver transplant when a local business did a fund raiser to offsett Sawyer's transplant expenses.
As Sawyer becomes sicker  I want to re-run a letter from his parents as Sawyer desperately needs your prayer support. I hope you hear the cry of their hearts as you read and be motivated to hold sweet Sawyer in prayer as he grows weaker.

This is the letter from Sawyer's Parents...

First of all, I want to thank you all for your love, support and prayers. They mean more to us that I can adequately express. Times have been difficult, God is seeing us through these times, He is our Comforter and Refuge.

We have had a lot of information to process since Sawyer had his MRA and GI scopes. Both of these tests revealed what is going on with Sawyer, and it's a lot. The MRA showed that Sawyer's once narrowed portal vein is now completely occluded, no longer allowing blood to flow. This has caused his portal hypertension to get much worse. Because of lack of blood flow in this area, Sawyer has a massively enlarged spleen, numerous varices (when these rupture they cause major GI bleeds), his liver is smaller than it should be, his liver is not able to keep up with Sawyer's growing body, it is not properly making the properties that clot blood, his platelets are dangerously low, and his PT/PTT are extended, meaning it takes his blood longer than it should to clot.

For the longest time we have been praying for a miracle for Sawyer, we prayed so hard, putting all our trust in whatever God's will is for Sawyer, asking, sometimes begging for God to heal Sawyer. Now more than ever, we are praying for a miracle. Sawyer's doctors in Atlanta are listing him for another liver transplant, it is the only way for Sawyer to get better, he NEEDS a new liver, portal vein, and IVC. Sawyer is a very sick little boy, he needs a miracle. I believe with all my heart that this is God's plan for Sawyer. I believe Sawyer will be healed after his second transplant, the doctors do too. His Dad and I believe, without a doubt, that God is in complete control, we put all our hope and faith in Jesus Christ alone. We ask that you pray along with us...for the perfect liver for Sawyer, for his physical healing, and for God to be Glorified through every situation.

Our hearts are heavy, this is not easy.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers! Please, please, please pray for Sawyer and our family...more than ever!

We are clinging to God's Word and trusting!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In HIS love,
Signed by Sawyer's Parents


Thank you for reading this today, and please, please pray and continue to pray for our friend Sawyer. Effective Monday I will keep a photo of Sawyer up front on my blog. This will remind you to pray for him. When there are updates I run alerts that can be accessed by clicking his photo and it will return back to this story where I will add them. 
Thank you for your prayers.
signature

16 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Sheila... thank you for sharing this with us. I can't imagine fighting this battle as a parent. I will pray for Sawyer and his family...
Barb :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Sheila, for a parent to have to write such a letter as this -- no matter how beautiful!!! Of course, I will pray for Sawyer every night!!! And, I'll make certain to check the updates with with anticipation. Thanks for keeping this up front and in our faces, we need to remember to be humble and thankful for all we don't have suffer through!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

I can't imagine either! I will keep SAwyer & his parents in my thoughts.

Misha said...

I will keep Sawyer and his family in my prayers.

papillon digital design said...

They are in my prayers.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am so thankful that they are trusting God, we have a BIG GOD and nothing is impossible with HIM...

Cheryl Boglioli said...

We are praying here. Thanks for sharing this with us and providing updates. YOu are a good friend and neighbor!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Prayers here too...

Angi Barrs said...

Praying for sure. I know God is with this beautiful family. TFS Sheila!

flowerdisco said...

we are so blessed and we sometimes take many things for granted.
my heart goes out to this child and his family...i can't even imagine what this mother's heart is like right now.
my prayers will be with them too.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Praying here!

217 Creations said...

Lots of prayers!

Sandiecris said...

my thoughs and prayers are with Sawyer

Snowmanlover said...

OH Sheila, I have not been getting your blog updates in my dashboard, so I thought I better stop by your blog. Poor sweet child.
I also have some posts on my blog about some very sick kids. So sad to see children suffer so much. Sawyer will be in my prayers. Beautiful child. Barb

Barb Turpin said...

Such a touching letter and such a fight to have to endure...thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family and may you all be blessed with this miracle.