July 20, 2010

Red, White, and Blue- I Salute You!

Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations. I know 4th of July has come and gone, but we can still celebrate our patriotism! Plus, if you are anything like me, it takes me forever to getting around to printing those pictures from our holiday fun.  This entire mini was made using the seasonal Independence Day cartridge. I have a video and a photo tutorial for you to see how awesome this album turned out.  Thanks Sassy for having me over to play.


The album base is actually the flag rectangle reshaped to be stretched for the album.  I then welded the images to the end of the album.

I cut the album form chipboard and then re-cut the front and back with cardstock.
I then cut the layered image again and ran it through the Xyron upside down. 
Then I added a nice layer of glitter.
 I did this for all the images on the end of the album.
I then sprayed them with an even coat of hairspray to seal the glitter.
While the hairspray dried, I assembled the album pages.
 I pasted the front and back with each with Yes Paste.
Now the front cardstock is glued to the chipboard.
And then I pasted the back to the chipboard.  I repeated this for all 4 pages.
I then added all the glittered pieces to the album.
 I then bound the album with my Cinch and tied A LOT of ribbon on the wire to make it look full.
So here are the sizes for each layer.
Freedom is cut at 1.59 inches.
 1776 is cut at 2.25 inches.
4th of July is cut at 3.98 inches.
The Flag is cut at 2.41 inches.
If you would like a copy of this Gypsy file please visit my personal blog at http://www.217Creations.com.
Thank you for taking the time post comments and follow both here at Sassy's and at my personal blog 217 Creations

217Creations

12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Elizabeth this is an awesome video and so patriotic. Love the gliter edges and I learned to seal them with hairspray... I didn't know that! Thanks for the great video showing us each page. What a wonderful place for placing your 4th of July photos!

papillon digital design said...

lovely sparkly album.Great job Beth!

Unknown said...

What a great sparkly mini!! LOVE it!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

how fun...

Granny said...

This is a great little book. TFS

Michelle said...

What a cute idea. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the glitter!!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Elizabeth, I saw this on your blog and I absolutely love it!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow! What a fabulous book!!! LOVE-LOVE it!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Shelia, I left you something on my blog

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice great video thanks for the tip using hairspray - learn something new every day tfs

Unknown said...

I LOVE the sparkle!!! :)

June said...

Love this mini and all the glitter!!!!!! Great hairspray tip - THANKS!!!!! Loved the videos too!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!