August 26, 2010

Oh The Times They Are A Changing . . . Scrapbooking Then and Now

Hi everyone, it's me Debbie from Love Life's Simples Pleasures. I'm so happy to be back at She's A Sassy Lady.  While I was pondering over what I would share with you this month I found myself looking through a box of old photos and came across a few of my kids riding their bikes when they were little.  I instantly remembered that I had done a layout with these pictures when I first began scrapbooking.  I thought it would be fun to use the extra photos and scrap a layout to see how much my style has changed.  Let's start out  with my new layout:
This cute, bright and colorful paper is part of the Bo Bunny Sun Kissed Collection. When buying paper, I sometimes buy an exttra sheet for cutting out.  I did a lot of cutting and added a lot of pop up dots for dimension.  I got a few new Cricut cartridges for my birthday.  I used Country Life to cut out these banners:
And Live Simply to cut out this little turtle:
Times sure have changed in the world of scrapbooking.  I can remember the days of cardstock, stickers and wild pattern paper.  The whose who of manufacturers were Debbie Mumm, Anna Griffin, Me And My Big Ideas and Mrs. Grossman.  For me Creative Memories was the jump start of my hobby.  My family gave me an album one year for my birthday, created by a Creative Memory Consultant that was all about me.  I signed up for a beginners class and was hooked!
Now for the unveiling of my old layout:
Bright cardstock and those adorable Me And My Big Ideas stickers!  I can't believe how much my style has changed in the past 12 years.  I remember when I finished this layout.  I was so proud of it.  I've thought many a times about redoing layouts, but have decided that it is best to leave a finished product just that way it is.  I guess that is part of preserving your memories.

I hope you have enjoyed my project this month.  No new tips or techniques, just a walk down memory lane.

15 comments:

Karin said...

I love what you did with this -- the paper line is gorgeous. I worked on a beach word book using the same papers, but haven't finished it yet. You inspire me :) Thanks for sharing. Karin

Unknown said...

Wow!! I remember scrapping in the old days! Both look good, but of course your recent page is Gorgeous!! Love all the details you added!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Often times that trip down memory lane unfolds many treasures. LOVE the new layout, the little turtle is adorable, and you make it appear as if they are riding through hills... how great the colors and paper is. I started with Creative Memories too, but even this old layout of yours is precious. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!

Dana said...

It's always nice to go down memory lane...both are nice, just different styles.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Your BB layout is fabulous! Love all the details and your banners are so pretty! The older page is precious too! I have some of those pages ..... we've come a long way! Thanks for sharing!

flowerdisco said...

Debbie...I love your work. I love both of your projects too. I love Bo Bunny papers (but do not own any:(). Thanks so much for sharing your work with us.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely Love the first layout. This was fun. I know back in my early times those me and my big ideas stickers were used too. It is amazing how we have evolved.

Cheryl Boglioli said...

I love your pages, Debbie. I have some like your original as well. I adore your new one and love all the dimension you added. Gorgeous.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Both are beautiful - but you can definitly tell that times in scrapbooking have changed!
Melissa

Audrey Frelx said...

Debbie, what a wonderful layout!!! I've never did a layout but I'm sure as with everything else, time has brought about many-many definitely changes.

Great job!

Angi Barrs said...

I was just doing this the other day....comparing my current layouts with the ones from years ago. Both layouts are beautiful. Love the cute little critters on the 1st one.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice layout thanks for sharing!!!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Love all of the details!!!! Great layout! It is fun to see how our style changes over the years!

Granny said...

This just looks like fun. Love your bright colors and all the little creatures and fun items. I like the pennant banner too. Thanks.

June said...

Love your layout and those bright and fun colors!!!! I have done the same thing and have looked at my old layouts. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!