August 4, 2010

Sassy Paper Bag Album!

 Hi ~ I am Angi from Cokie Pop Paper and I am today's Sassy designer here at She's a Sassy Lady. I love altered projects. It's fun to take something ordinary and turn it into something FAB! My project today is a "Sassy Paper Bag Album"!

Materials You will need:
  • 3 Paper bags
  • Hole Puncher
  • Ribbon, eyelets, book rings, or fibers
  • Your favorite pattern paper
  • A bunch of your favorite embellishments
First lay your paper bags on top of each other. Make sure that the middle bag is going the opposite way of the first and the last bag. Adhere your bags together. You can adhere them using stitching, brads, staples or eyelets. I love to stitch/sew them together for better durability.
Here's a close-up picture of the stitching and the holes that I punched in the bags. I punch from the outside going in so that I can a gauge a good distance between each hole for better spacing.
I also love the ready made built-in pockets that are formed when you put your paper bag album together. These pockets are great for storing mementos, cute tags, journal blocks, or any other keepsake.
Here's the paper bag album after it's put together and ready to decorate. Now it's time to make your pages. 
 With your paper trimmer cut enough patterned paper to cover each page. 
I cut each paper piece at 5" x 5.5".
 Adhere each of your papers to the cover and each page of your album.  Also make sure to cut and adhere some photo mats or pockets to store journal tags. You can also ink the sides to make the mats stand out.
 This is how one of my pages looks with journaling tags. 
I made the pocket to hold the journal tags with patterned paper. 
Now it's time to do more embellishing. I used various embellies from Me & My Big Ideas .
 I add my ribbon last after I make sure all of my patterned paper and embellishments are sturdy and secure. Add different color and textured ribbon to make it more colorful.
Decorate your pages any way you want. It's best to use coordinating papers that match well together. I used paper from a ColorBok kit so that all the papers would go well together. 
Here are 2 of my pages in a side by side view.
 I will show more pages of this album soon once I get the video tutorial finished.
If I post everything then this tutorial will be 2 or 3 web pages long. (smile)
 I hope my paper bag album has inspired you to make one of your own. Thank you Sheila for allowing me to design for Sassy Lady today. I hope you come by and visit me sometime - Angi @ Cokie Pop Paper!

18 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Angi this album is adorable and what a great gift it could make for a birthday, anniversary or this coming Christmas season. Love your easy directions.... I think I can do this!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

This is adorable!!!!!!!!! Love the colors.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my that is adorable! Love the little owl on the front!

Granny said...

I like this little album and the great colors you used. I think I could actually do this.

greenchick said...

Great job! That is sooo cute!

kimmie said...

so cute! it is very girly girl!! thanks for sharing!

Maria said...

This album is sooo cute! I love it! I think I may actually try to make one of these. TFS

Beebeebabs said...

Great job thanks for sharing!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

This is so very cute. Love those papers together.

flowerdisco said...

your project is so refreshing to m. i get caught up with the cricut and forget all the kits and store bought embellishments i have collecting dust. beautiful! tfs

Debbie said...

This is so adorable!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This is so cute! Thank you for sharing this project, love it!

Unknown said...

Thank you for expaining this. I've been wondering how they are made. Yours is beautiful.

Audrey Frelx said...

Great job, Cokie!!! And a beautiful mini it is!!!

Unknown said...

This is adorable Angi!! Love the owl on the cover and the bright colors you used!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Cute album! Love the owl!

Ladybug said...

Simply adorable!! That owl is just tooooo cute! TFS! :-)

Granny said...

Such a pretty little book. I love it.