October 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Brianna!

Hello. I thought I would share an adorable little card that I made for my Darling Grand Daughter Brianna. She is eight years old today and this is the first time I will not see her on her birthday so I am very sad writing this today. You see Brianna lives in Illinois and we live in Alabama and this year we just couldn't make the trip. It seems like yesterday we were celebrating her birth! When her Mommy told her that Grandma and Grandpa weren't going to come to her house this year she said "fine, Mommy, we will just go to Alabama and have lunch at Chucky Cheese with them!" If it were only that easy. She doesn't know it but Grandpa will be there in two weeks to take her out to dinner!!! Brianna is beautiful and is hoping for her two front teeth for Christmas!


I laid out this card two up. My luscious papers are from DCWV, the Chocolate stack.... yummy!
See how easy this card is. I just love shape cards, don't you?
I distressed my white card stock with Tattered Pink Distress ink.
First I ran the little heart through the Xyron and then sprinkled it with the glitter. I just love glitter on little girls cards don't you?
I placed another little heart in the inside and stamped my greeting. It was that simple. I am so glad that you joined us here today and I hope you enjoyed today's little project.
Be sure to stop by tomorrow as I know Melissa from Melissa Made has put together a fabulous project for you. Kristie from Craftin' On My Door will present her delightful project on Tuesday and Wednesday Becky will join us from My Journey To Creativity with one of her fabulous creations. On Thursday we look forward to a wonderful project from Lisa at Lisa's Craftroom and Friday Cheryl of Cheryl's Window is sure to delight us with her design. I will return on Saturday with a wonderful project for you that I started working on already, so have a great time and be sure to stop by each and every day!!
Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement. Your comments ALWAYS continue to inspire me.
signature

9 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, what an adorable card you've made for your beautiful Brianna. I am so sorry you will not be spending time with her for her birthday, and I know how awfully sad you must feel about that. I know she'll love her pretty little cupcake card though! And, trust me, she'll be just as happy to see you whenever she see's you!

Bamabel said...

What a beautiful card!

lovemypaper said...

Very nice card!

Kel said...

Oh how adorable for a lil girls bday card. sparkly and everything! great job!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am so sad for you that you have to miss Brianna's birthday. I am sure she will love the beautiful card you made for her.. sending you a big hug

Debby said...

Sheila, Your card is lovely and your DGD is beautiful. Grandkids are the BEST!! I know you must be sad not to be there for her birthday, but hopefully you will see her soon.

I am LOVING your Saturday morning Gypsy videos. Thanks so much for sharing.

Marilyn said...

Such a sweet card for your sweet granddaughter!

Angi Barrs said...

Brianna is so cute. Such a pretty cupcake card:)

Kate said...

How stinkin' cute...your card and your granddaughter! I'm sure she will just love the cupcake and all the glitter.