January 4, 2011

BRRRRRR

Chicago Snow
Hello everyone, this is Sheila from Shes A Sassy Lady and I just love when I get the opportunity to come and visit and share with all you Tuesday Treat ladies. I always find it a challenge as there are so many talented ladies that share their designs here!
Well here goes... last month we went to Chicago to visit my daughter and of course it snowed in. Being fairly new to the south we took plenty of photos as our new southern friends just don't realize what real snow does and what the folks up north do to get rid of it. A prime example is shoveling.... if it snows in Alabama, you just leave it and as soon as the sun comes out it disappears, so maybe it lasts a couple of hours. Not so up north, as many of you can attest to so we took photos of the tasks that we what to remember so we never get the urge to go back up there!!!! (Sorry Heather). This is my brother in law Greg busy at hand shoveling the walk before church!

And the plow we saw while driving to Heather's house and it was just so amazing as the whole area was so peaceful and serene just like you read about and see in movies... then out of no where one of these huge plows appear just pushing ans scraping the snow away and making so much noise it actually hurts your ears.... Yup that's what my pages are about... the beauty and the beast of a Chicago Snow!

I hope you enjoy this video, I will show you how I took a layout I did and altered it to fit the photos at hand. I went from floral to frosty, to a blistery wind. Hope you learn a few Gypsy tricks.

This is the yummy paper I chose, it is from My Big Ideas 2009 Christmas papers; I was so excited that I finally go to use this stack.


This second video is actually the third I did but you will find a big mistake in the next video and this one goes over what I did wrong so you don't make the same mistake I did. I am a firm believer that we need to learn from our mistakes! And I am not afraid to share that lesson with you.

This is the white paper I used from the DCWV Glitter stack, I set my blade at 6, pressure high, and speed slow and cut it 2 times.


This is a good video but does show you what I did wrong and also show you how to alter a design.
Before I glue down any of my pieces I really like to just position them and take a good look just in case I need to make an alteration. Sure is easier to do now before gluing.
I used my I rock to attach a little stone to each snowflake. They are so pretty.

Doesn't that look pretty? Those swirls just really remind me of those Chicago winds!
Here is a closeup of the paper and you can see just how beautiful and shimmery it actually is... just like snow.
Isn't this paper Gorgeous?

Here is the right side of the two page spread.
And the two pages together make for a wonderful  keepsake in our scrapbook. Thank you so much for joining me today. Here is a copy of Chicago Snow Gypsy File just for you enjoy.... ps I put the flowers back on so you could use them too. I hope you picked up something new that you can use while making your designs.
Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement, your comments continue to inspire me to share with your.
signature

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sheila....this is gorgeous!! I remember your original project!! I have this same paper and now I know a way to use it!

lovemypaper said...

"WOW" this layout is just gorgeous tfs!

Measha06 said...

Fab layout, so simple but classy!

Now you are in your planning stage for the coming year I wonder if I might ask a favour of you! Here in the UK we get so little help from Provocraft and we are so disillusioned with the MB. We all used to love the old message board and had terrific chats but since moving to the new message board it is an entirely different story! We can’t stay logged in, we can’t have threads more than 15 pages long, we are restricted what we can discuss etc etc. So having a little time to spare (I don’t think) on New Year’s Day I created our own forum where we can stay logged in, we can discuss what we want – crafty or not, threads can be as short or long as we like etc etc. Basically we make the forum how we want and as admin I try to implement the requests to make them work. As one of our threads we have a monthly challenge, we are discussing a crciut lending library, a cricut cut swap, an atc swap, a stamped image swap, a shopping place recommendation etc etc I am sure you get the drift. Now another path I would like to follow is a guest designer project/tutorial one a month having various different designers each month. The ten million dollar question - Would you consider being one of our guests?
Pop over to us and take a look: http://cricutolics.forumotion.co.uk/f1-cricut-personal-die-cutter
Happy New Year from UK.

Liz

Nanne said...

Living in Finland, I can relate to snow.. OMG!! it just wont' stop coming down this winter.. We'll be drowning in it soon..LOL
Love your tute and I have a gypsy, but just don't use it much.. Bought it last summer and I think its just collecting dust in my purse...I'm just so used to using the design studio.. But New Years resolution:
"Need to get it out and start playing around with it more often!"..
Hugs
Nanné

Anonymous said...

adorable!


I am doing a cricut cart giveaway. Please feel free to check out my blog for details:)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Love your layout Shelia.. on my way to take my daughter to the airport so will have to check out your videos later. I always love watching them. hugs

Anonymous said...

GF! You are awesome with all this work!
What a great project...really love the simmer to it all!
Now that I finally (32 years later) stopped biting my nails, maybe I should try my hand at videos! =)
Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Wow! This is AWESOME :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Happy New Year Sheila!!! The layout is just beautiful, and being that (and as you know) I live in Chicago, I can attest to the fact that we have brutal winters.

Hope it doesn't deter you from coming back again during the winter it can be quite beautiful. Right now, and for the past couple of days, we haven't had ANY -- ZERO -- snow! Probably can't believe that, huh? And, the other day it was even almost 50 degrees! Felt like a spring day!!!

Hugs, my dear friend!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Gorgeous Sheila!!! Love the colors and that dimension!
Hugs
M

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jan. 04, 2011. Thanks again.

Debbie said...

Wonderful layout Sheila! Love the row of houses on the bottom!

Barb Craft said...

Sheila... what a fabulous LO you have creaated my dear! I love the shiny paper and your photos are perfect! I have to admit... I am not missing the snow one bit this winter!!
Barb :)

magicwanda said...

Sheila
What an awesome page WOW! I lust love everything about it ...
Thanks for stopping by and good luck on your changes for the new year.
Hugs Wanda ;-D