February 19, 2011

Gypsy Made Simple - Borders

How are you today? Hope you are ready for an easy Gypsy Made Simple Project as today we are going to tackle borders. And they are easy, yet necessary for many of your projects. As you become more astute you will use less and less of your punches and more and more of your Gypsy. So grab a cup of coffee or tea, turn on your Gypsy and let's get to work.
On this first video you will learn the simple steps you need to take to make a successful border. I used a very large item to first fill a need on layout and secondly to make it easy for you to understand and follow. You will learn to create from simple shapes and to adjust a ready made piece to a border.

Here is a close up of my final layout. When I got to the cutting the labels I increase the width to enable them to hold more journaling. Since I had the room I thought I might as well take advantage of it.
Here are the papers I chose. They are Wild Asparagus from My Minds Eye. The backs of each sheet hand another coordinating color.
This video is just me putting the page together. (Sorry that the phone rang during the taping but sometimes that happens.) You will love how easy this page comes together. Note I had already inked my paper and put the tags together so I wouldn't bore you.
The tags were so much fun and I kept them very simple so I would have plenty of space to journal. I used a little pear for the whales eye.
Here are a couple of closeups of the borders.
And, don't you just love how the tags fit in, just makes you want to pull them out and read them.
Well that is it for today. Wasn't it simple?  I Challenge you to make some borders this week and use it on a project. It doesn't matter if you make a card or a page, just make and use your border. Let's see how creative everyone is. Link up your photo to this post so we can learn from you too!
Thanks for joining me today and for your sweet, sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep creating.
signature

5 comments:

the cricutologist said...

I love your layout! Great tutorial on making borders! You made me want some chicken soup!!! I'm under the weather today and would love some simmering on my stove. The story behind the layout is great too. Friendships grounded in God's word are the best! Thank you for sharing such a sweet story! I'll working on a border too. I want the cart you used. It's full of borders! Cricut machine has them for sale now. BTW I'm participating in a scene blog hop. Come check it out. Oh one question...what is that mesh you used to line up your title?

Anonymous said...

Good timing this morning as this just posted! Yes!
This is really cool and thank you so much for sharing this...this is something I have really thought so much about but haven't actually done yet! So this is a great inspiration to try!

Bamabel said...

How cool! I haven't tried to do this yet with my Gypsy. Thanks for the inspiration!!! :)

Lanita said...

I love this! I am a Gypsy newbie so anything I can find that shows me how to use it is much appreciated. Thanks for the tutorial.

Measha06 said...

Love the tutorial Sheila. Can you tell me what th mesh stuff is that you lifted and placed your title with is?