February 8, 2011

Sunshine and Smiles Card

Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations.  On my personal blog yesterday I made a complicated mini.  It was time consuming and artistically draining. So I decided for today's post I would K.I.S.S. -Keep it Simple Silly.  I first saw this phrase from Nicole, a fellow scrapper and designer here at She's A Sassy Lady. I try to keep that in mind when I need to change it up or to keep me from feeling overwhelmed.
 I took an A2 card and stamped the sentiment "Hope your day is filled with sunshine and smiles".  It is from the Pink By Design Stamp set called Take the Cake. I stamped it with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. 
The swirls are from Home Decor.  They were cut at 1.25 inches. I placed them so they would stretch out from under my flower.
I added the 3D flower.  I made these flowers for my Vintage Layout a couple of weeks ago.  This one was a spare and I could not bear to throw it away.  In case you did not see the video, here is how I made the flower.  I love making these.  They are super easy and very elegant.
The final touch was to tie some Divine Twine across the top of the card.  I love this twine.  I bought it from Pink By Design.  She sells a sampler pack which is the best way to buy it.
 I hope you have a great day! Thank you for leaving comments and following us here at She's A Sassy Lady and on my personal blog 217 Creations.

12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Elizabeth this is a BEAUTIFUL card. Love the flower and the instructions for making it. I always try to make an extra flower from my pages too as them make wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing with us today.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH wow this is just gorgeous! Love the simplicity yet the elegance...great little sentiment too! Thanks for sharing a quick easy card that's simply divine!
Hugs,
M

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful! Love it, very elegant

Sandiecris said...

Thanks for sharing... love this card

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Love the white base but the pop of color!!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful colors. That flower is so pretty. :)

K-E Kreations said...

Beautiful card!

Peggy T. said...

Elizabeth, your card is simple but so elegant. Thank you for sharing your flower technique. I can't wait to try it.

papillon digital design said...

Beth this is so lovely! The soft colors , the push and pull with the simple clean lines with organic shapes.
Wow I love this!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

This is so beautiful..

Java Jen's Creations said...

Beautiful as always!!! Lovely card!!

Granny said...

Beautiful little card, I really like the little flower. TFS