April 1, 2011

The Lady

Hi This is Pam from The Bug Bytes .
 Thanks Sassy for having me on as designer in your blog.
The other day when I was cleaning up my scraproom I saw that I have some Graphics 45 papers. I have them but felt awful cutting them as they are so beautiful but well they have to be cut sometime. So I took out a pack which I had 2 quantities of. I know I am silly. I used the renaissance fair pack and took one sheet out of it lol.
When I went to Micheal's I came across this cameo or is it cabochon or is it cameo cabochon - whatever . I loved it and got it as I knew it would go so well with this. well some brads, ribbons and fibers(divine twine), pearls and some die cuts (I have used sentimental cartridge for the frame and storybook for the title ), some left over oval shapes from Imagine card - Easter card I made for challenge and a flower shape I made for my previous circle card (cut from MS cartridge I think), some prima flowers and inking and a gold foil pen and the layout came about. I measured the oval and photoshopped a picture of my mom - the Lady in my Life. My mom is nothing like me. I am like the jester but she - she is every inch a lady and this paper was the perfect setting.
I used coredinations paper as the plain cardstock. Yes that paper which Okie enabled. (see I buy it and use it and I still get smacked by her just because AllisonF's brain needs to be saved - How fair is that?).I think I also have used a tiny bit of Bazill cardstock. I embellished the Prima flowers further and the leaf - I just grabbed a silk leaf from a pot downstairs. Hush!! It was too green so I used some gold foil leaf pen and also orange ink on edges. Even the flowers and tags are brushed with blue , orange ink and gold foil.
Title - I added pearls and also used souffle pen. I decided to braid together 2 different colors of ribbons. The swirl is from 3 birds. It has been in a box too for long. I further embellished it with pearls. The flower shape is Quicklets. It's so easy to get them on. Tag pictures - the one lady with pearl earring by Vermeer and the other I am not sure Sargent?Rossetti? is also from Graphics 45 pack. And tied with divine twine - which greenbean enabled!




Ooh don't you love the paper and tags from this line?



Braided Ribbon close up





Close up of letters to show the pearls. Wondering why I have blue lines zebra lines? Well I was inking it with marker and accidentally got the line running across. Instead of dumping it I improvised and added random lines throughout the title :)





So that's my Simple Layout for today.

10 comments:

Katherines Corner said...

this is lovely. Happy Friday Hugs!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh Pam what a beautiful layout this is. I love all the detail in this page; the inking, the flowers, pearls and look at the beautful cameo! Your mother will love this page too I am sure! Thank you for sharing this with us today!

Dan and Heather said...

What a beautiful layout. I love the colors you used and all the bling. TFS

Granny said...

This is a lovely page with lots of bling! Love it. TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Pam, what a beautiful layout! And, of course, I always love bling!!! LOL! I can't imagine any mother who wouldn't love it!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Pam dear - Thank God you used those papers!!! This is stunning!!! Gorgeous rich blue color - wow! Love this Layout and all those yummy embellishments!
Hugs,
M

Java Jen's Creations said...

Pam, this is so beautiful!!! The detail you always put into your projects is so wonderful to see!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful layout. Rich colors and plenty of detail make this page wonderful.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Wonderful - Wonderful layout with such rich blues and that bling- The cameo is great. tfs
Linda

Cricut Couple said...

This is such an incredible layout! I really love all of the clever embellishments. Everything stands out so beautifully off of the rich base color, but the base color is so beautiful coordinated! It's just perfect! I would love to visit your craft room! I bet it's just as beautiful and inspiring!