April 10, 2011

My First Digital Happy Birthday Card Made In Dallas


Well I finally made my first digital cards. I actually downloaded them and placed them on card stock in my office during my lunch. I found this cute little stamp at Tiddly Inks it was one of their freebies. Then I used my little Crayola Crayon Markers that I picked up for $3.99 and colored them in. I have to admit that it was very difficult as I had so few colors to choose from! I think I just may invest in some better markers for the future!
When I got to Dallas I used my glossy accents on his little nose and the balloons and let it dry overnight. I used my Creative Memories oval cutters to cut out 'Bo' and the scrap papers was little paw prints that Melissa had left over from one of her beautiful projects.  Then I was ready to put it together.



See how easy that was. I really like how you can make a card this fast and it looks really adorable.  I learned a lot making this card. I decided that I like the background filled rather than today's oval which is what you saw yesterday. I thought I had to cut it out so it was really great having Melissa there for the next card to show me how to make this adorable card look even nicer! I am showing this as you need to know we go through learning processes also. That is the beauty of having a blog to learn from, But even better you could have a friend to show you the ropes. The beauty of the learning process is you still have wonderful cards to give to the people you love. I gave this to my daughter in law for her birthday as she loves dogs and I knew she would just love this card.
I sure hope you enjoyed today's post and you learned something you can use. Thank you for your sweet - sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me.
signature

4 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Super cute card Shelia.. hugs

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

beautiful, no matter what you make it is always beautiful!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

too cute of an image, it reminds me of my little stinking girl that we had for 10 years!
liz :o)

papillon digital design said...

Super cute and I watched you make it. Yeah! sitting across great Sheila and watching her work was eye opening and such a great honor. TFS