May 12, 2011

Cricut Imagine Scrapbook layout









Happy Thursday, everyone!! Java Jen here from Java Jen Creations. I'm so excited to be here for my second time already at She's a Sassy Lady! Thank you, Sheila! As always, I am honored to be here! For some reason, Blogger is being a little wonky today so I can't put my pictures in the spots where I want them in my tutorial so I guess the pics will be at the top and the tutorial will follow!
Well, I just got back from Ohio to visit with our son, his wife and new, sweet little baby boy so I wanted to show everyone the page that I created for our new grandson's scrapbook! I actually created the page before I left for Ohio so that when I had a picture of our little sweetheart, I could simply put it on the page and enter all the stats! I have pics of the whole process and the completed page, but, can you believe it? I forgot to take a pic of the completed page with our grandson's picture on it!! My son said he would take a pic and email it to me so I'll post that when I get it on my blog - www.javajencreations.blogspot.com .

I used my Cricut Imagine and the Imagine More cartridge and the Baby Steps Cricut cartridge. I sized the images at 5.75"H and all the layers accordingly. I have pictures of the page in the Baby Steps cartridge booklet, the Imagine screens and the completed cuts. The nice thing about the Imagine is that I can simply put white paper on my mat and choose the colors for my layers!

I took a picture of my Cutter Bee tweezer bee tweezers because that is my go-to tool for adhering small pieces on my die cuts! I don't know what I would do without them!

My completed page is all ready for the stats to be entered and a photo to be adhered. I used my white gel pen to make some clouds and do some stitching. I seriously don't think that I can do a project without doing some stitching! :-) I was really glad that I made this page before I left for Ohio because our daughter-in-law went into labor the morning after we arrived!! Yay!! Perfect timing!!

Thanks for stopping by today and remember to keep on creating!!

7 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Aw, congrats on the new grandbaby.. And thanks for sharing your page!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Congratulations on your new grandson! I can see many many sweet pages like this in your future. Thanks so much for sharing this adorable layout and tutorial with us today.

Anonymous said...

Great layout. Congratulations on your new grandbaby. TFS
Sue

Granny said...

Adorable layout. Enjoy that new baby. TFS

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Ah, this is completely adorable!!! Love that little laundry line!
Hugs,
M

Mrs. Green said...

Love the colors you used for this!

SherriC. said...

this is so sweet!!!!
TFS!!!!
I love the clothes line and that little birdie...