September 10, 2011

Gypsy Made Simple - A2 Wide Cards Owl

Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday thus far. I have a simple card that the base you MUST have as a template for you will find it super simple to make a card in just a matter of a couple of minutes. I did this before using my old camera so it was difficult to see so I decided to re-do it! Grab a cup of coffee turn your Gypsy on and let's get to work.


This is a quick video showing exactly how to make the card.... sorry my mouth was in gear it will not take as long as the video did... you know how it is, grab a cup of coffee sit down with a friend and the time just flies! Hope you feel the same way too.

This is a close up of the papers I chose. I used all scraps except for the base. In hind site I would have used more contrasting colors but I just can't stay away from the blingy papers! The base is double sided from K and Company and the others are from DCWV and My Minds Eye. In hind sight I would have picked more contrasting colors. Oh well, the card is still cute and I will use it.


I used My Pink Stamper's Blog Candy gift to make this card. The Hoot and Holler cart and 2 wonderful stamps sets were from Robyn; Back To School and Spook-alicious! It was so much fun playing with my new goodies... Thank You Robyn!  I just love making simple cards and this one is perfect in every way.
I hope you liked today's project. I challenge you to make a card using your new template. You can use any cart you want for the finishing touches. Have fun and be creative and be sure to link up your card so everyone can see how beautiful it is!
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me.

10 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Thank you sooo much for your tutorial! This is the very first time that I designed a card or anything on my gyspy and cut it out. You have helped me over come a huge hurdle that I was having. I bought my gypsy a year ago and have barely touched it since I was so intimidated by it. I made a card using scraps just so I could see how everything would cut out on my mat so I do not want to post this one. But I am going to make one to post to share with you.

I am no longer scared of my gypsy. :)

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Fabulous video as always Sheila :)
Wish my Gypsy was back with me, come on PC get it fixed I need to play along with Sheila LOL!!
Hugs
Adele

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, you really do come up with the most adorable cards! This is so cute!!! You and your Gypsy make a great team!!!

As always, a great video tutorial!!!

SherriC. said...

this is just adorable, Sheila, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Robyn's Stamps.....

Cricut Couple said...

This is just wonderful! Another fantastic tutorial and I really love the design!

Anonymous said...

I love the tut thank you so much:)

Lisa said...

Great tutorial Sheila, as usual. I am going to play along but I am using the owl from Just Because seeing that I don't have the Hoot N' Holler cartridge. Thanks for sharing.

Charlotte said...

Sheila,
thanks for sharing another great idea. I couldn't resist. So i made me one too! You're the best!!!
Charlotte

Bunnyfreak said...

Another great tutorial. I am happy to hear I am not the only one who double stamps and yet still sends the card.

Cricutjunkie said...

Thanks for the great video, I use my Gypsy for every project but didn't understand how the template worked. Thanks for the tutorial. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by and say HI. Traci