September 14, 2011

Step by step two-page layout using doilies and floral paper

Good morning!  This is Beatriz from Amazing Grace.  I created this layout which I want to describe step by step.  If you're familiar with my work you will notice that all of my layouts are two-page spreads.

I usually start with a base which is the same paper for both pages.   This base paper has a partial frame which becomes a larger frame when I flip one and put the two together.

To the base I add a 6 x 12 piece of pink polka dot paper on which I've used a Martha Stewart edge punch to create a ruffle.  Notice how I bridge the two base pages.

The red photo matte is glued to an 8 x 8 square doily.



The white butterfly is made out of chipboard which I embossed in white glitter.  It's mounted onto a scolloped circle punched out of glitter paper.  Underneath that are cut doilies and a pink printed doily.

I found out that when I want something to really stand out I layer, layer and layer. Doilies are perfect for this effect. The wooden flourish  is from Kaisercraft which I painted with acrylic paints.  You can see in the picture that the top is green and the edges are brown.



I then chose a floral print and cut out the individual flowers completely and then arranged them throughout the layout.  I used pop-up dots here-and-there.


The final touch is the name tag and the little girl peeking from behind the heart.



Hope you enjoy this step by step layout. Have a great and blessed day!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow your layout is absolutely fabulous.

Stacy said...

Wow,
What a gorgeous layout. I never would of thought about this idea, thanks so much for sharing
Hugs, Stacy

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Your LO is beautiful! Love the colors and the use of the doilies.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Bea this layout is amazing. Love all the layers and the colors are just perfect. Love the choice with the tag with the little girl holding the heart. Thanks for sharing this awesome layout with us today.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my this layout is just gorgeous. Love the doilies! What a beautiful accent with the bright pinks! I love it!
Hugs,
M

Cricut Couple said...

So Beautiful! Everything is just perfectly placed! Gorgeous!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous!

Java Jen's Creations said...

This layout is stunningly beautiful!! I love all the awesome details!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful layout, so elegant. Love the use of the doilies.

Becky Moore said...

Wonderful layout! thanks for the directions!

papillon digital design said...

Wow is all I can say of your layouts Beatrice! TFS

Bunnyfreak said...

What a stunning two -pager.

Audrey Frelx said...

Beatrice, you always do such lovely work, and this layout is gorgeous!!! Just perfect!

Mary said...

This double layout is so beautiful! It is so elegant looking. I love it.

Angi Barrs said...

WOW...this is a super gorgeous page. Love that butterfly. :)

ScrappyMama said...

Great layout! I can never get too much 2-pg layout ideas & inspiration...thanks for sharing!!

Cher's Studio said...

Super cute layout! I'm a new follower. I hope you come visit my blog over at Cher's Studio!

Cher
http://www.cherevansstudio.blogspot.com

Nana Donna said...

Beautiful, I don't do layouts but this is the most beautiful one I have seen

Sandy from Ukiah said...

what a beautiful layout... love the dollies