October 12, 2011

Double Daisies

Good morning!  This is Beatriz from Amazing Grace.  I  made a Double Daisy using the Paper Lace Cricut Cartridge.  Here are the steps:

1.)  Cut out on page 32 with the Lace 2 Creative Features button pressed.  (These flowers here are 4 1/2".)


2.)  Using a different color paper, cut out the exact same thing.


3.)  Lay one of the flowers directly over the other, rotating it 1/2 petal to the left or right.  (You can stick a fat pen into the centers to make certain that they're exactly aligned.)  With a pen or pencil, draw a line exactly where ONE SIDE (either left or right) of the upper petal crosses over the lower petal.


4.)  Using small scissors, carefully cut this line on all petals of the upper flower.




5.)  Glue the center ONLY of the upper flower to the center of the lower flower, so the cuts are exactly centered where you drew them.  (You can use the fat pen again to line them up.)   Carefully weave each cut on the upper flower to the back of the lower flower.  (This photo shows them about half done.)


 6.)  Finish weaving the rest of the cuts before gluing the upper petals to the backs of the lower petals.


 Here is the layout I made using my Double Daisies! Madison Rose (my grand-baby) looks so beautiful in pink, doesn't she?



Have a happy, smiley and blessed day!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Great instructions
TFS with us
Hugs
Adele

Unknown said...

These flowers are darling!!! Thanks for the tutorial! Your layout is darling too :)

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

Great LO! Also, love the instructional daisy flowers! TFS!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

WOW!!! look at these pages and the flowers are just awesome!!! Madison Rose is GORGEOUS and I can see she stole your heart! Thank you for sharing these beautiful pages and great tutorial with us today.

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww...what a super sweet page. Love those flowers and the adorable baby photos. :)

papillon digital design said...

WOW WOW and Wow! You never fail to maze me with your creations!

Granny said...

Wow, wonderful flower adorn that beautiful baby. I just love your page.

Jennifer said...

What an amazing page. Theose flowers are awesome, thank for the great instructions as I will try these.

Audrey Frelx said...

I knew this was Bea's work as soon as I saw it!!! This layout is so precious and adorable!!! And what sweet-sweet pictures of that beautiful baby girl!!!

I also love-love the flower! TFS!

CathyinMN said...

I love your LO! Thanks for the instructions on how to do the double daisy. I know I'll be giving it a try.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH this is SO adorable!! I love this cutey cute Layout - those flowers are magnificent! I love it - such beautiful soft color for a little baby girl layout!
hugs,
M

Barb Smith said...

Great job on these flowers. Fabulous!

Barb from Toronto, Canada
http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

Sally said...

What a great layout, so feminine. Love your flowers and that border.

Cricut Couple said...

genius! Simply Genius!

Dayna Sabrina said...

This page is amazing Sheila! Wow! Those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your technique. I might have to borrow it one day.

Monique said...

Oh, how adorable. Love your LO and what a sweet baby girl!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow this is beautiful, love how you did this!

Nana Donna said...

Awesome love how you did the flowers and thanks for the fab instructions

Java Jen's Creations said...

What absolutely beautiful and adorable pages!!! Your creations are soooo gorgeous!!

SherriC. said...

just beautiful Beatriz, the flowers, the LO and your beautiful Grand daughter....
thank you so much for sharing, I am defiantly going to try these flowers...

Jeannie said...

This is amazing! Such a sweet layout for a sweet baby and then the daisy! You had me at that. I will definitely have to "life" that idea. Thank you so much for sharing!

Debby said...

Your l/o is so elegant and beautiful and your DGD is soooo ADORABLE! Love the daisy idea. I will be scraplifting your flowers!

Debby Pannell said...

Just catching up on my emails and after reading it and seeing this beautiful layout had to jump over to your blog to leave a comment to let u know that it's beautiful and I appreciate you sharing it.
TTFN

Sandi Clarkson said...

These flowers are amazing, Bea and I will have to give them a go!

Kelly said...

Cute Layout. Must have a go at the double daisies x

GabyCreates.com said...

WOW!! what a lovely baby and layout...great tutorial !! TFS

kendell said...

Amazing layout and excellent tutorial. Thanks for sharing it is really appreciated. Kindest regards