January 8, 2012

Valentine's Wreath

Hi, everybody, I'm Shakey from Craftypinkbutterfly. It's great to be back, I did not have a post last month and I am really glad that Sheila put me back on the schedule for this month because I had really lost my will to craft. So when she put me on the schedule I had to get my mojo back and this is what I made. Hope you like it and it inspires you to make one too.
To make this I used a styrofoam wreath, white, pink and red cardstock (7 of each), hot glue gun, a box of corsage pins, a paper roller tool, Ranger Inkssentials blending tool, Martha Stewart craft paint in peppermint bark (love this paint!!!) and the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge. I was going to use the pink glue sticks but decided to just use clear.
The first thing I did was paint the wreath pink just in case you see through the flowers once you pin them flowers on the wreath.
Next it is time to cut the roses from page 68 with the shift on. I had 7 pieces of 8x11.5 cardstock and i used all the pieces. I got 12 roses out of every sheet and I cut them at 2.5 inches. I wound up with 252 flowers which was WAY to many.
On the white flowers I decided to ink the edges with CTMH Hollyhock ink and the Ranger Inkssentials blender tools.

Now comes the most time consuming part is to roll the roses and hot glue them together.
Here are all the flowers. I did not roll all the flower cause I figured I had enough. I still did not use all of these.
It's pretty fun attaching the flowers to the styrofoam but please be careful cause the pins go all the way through (I stuck myself plenty of times, OUCH). I used pliers to bend the pins on the back on the wreath.

Once again here is the finished wreath.
I am not going to lie this took a lot of time, like days, but I feel like it was totally worth it. I really hope you like it.
Please feel free to ask me any questions.

26 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow! This is GORGEOUS! Look at this wreath it is just stunning. Look at all the work in this wreath. It is amazing. I love everything about it Shakey. Thanks for sharing this great project and tutorial with us today!

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

This is beautiful!

Barb Smith said...

Yes - just as Sheila said - the wreath is stunning! Each flower was painstakingly edged with ink, rolled and placed just so but the result was well worth it. What a fabulous result. Congrats and thanks for showing us your project.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

ckeller219 said...

This absolutely beautiful. Looks like a lot of work but very fun to make. Thanks for sharing.

Myrna said...

Wow what a beauty even though it was a lot of work.
Myrna

Sandra said...

Your wreath is absolutely Gorgeous. I am so inspired to make something similar. I will have to enlist my girls help with the rolling and inking though.

TFS,
Sandra

Unknown said...

Amazing! Your wreath is fabulous!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Your wreath IS stunning -- so beautiful!!! All the time-consuming rolling with the flowers was so worth the effort of the outcome; that's for sure!!!

Sherrie K. said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love this:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

mfc.melissamade2 said...

HOLY GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE it - wow Shakey what a lot of work..but I tell you what - it is absolutely fabulous...gorgeous for Valentines day!!! What a stunning idea!
hugs,
M

CathyinMN said...

Your wreath is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Even though it was time consuming, I'm so glad you stuck with it because it is definitely worth the effort.

GabyCreates.com said...

Yeah!! what Melissa said! and beautiful! OMGoodness all that work!! that most definitely paid off!!! ...and love the pearl pins in the center! TFS

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the wreath. Definitely worth the work.

Migdalia said...

This is absoultely AMAZING! I am speechless. I have to try to amke a wreath for my door. I am going to use the flower shoppe cart but I need to go to Micheals and but the styrofoam. ( another excuse to shop, LOL)

Java Jen's Creations said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! You did a wonderful job on a beautiful piece of home decor!!! Thanks for sharing!

Cricut Couple said...

STUNNING!!! Oh My! That's a LOT of work!!!

RockinRenee said...

LOVE the wreath. It's beautiful!

Tina M said...

Absoulutley BEAUTIFUL!I'm so glad you were put on this month's schedule :))
thank you for sharing this wonderful project

Dreama said...

WOW...this is just gorgeous!

Marjorie said...

Beautiful!!! Now purchase a shadow box, put some black velvetine on the back, picture of you and your husband or family, heart and NOW you have a keepsake.

Marjorie from TX
marjorie_brundage at sbcglobal dot net

Unknown said...

LOVE this! It's just adorable and all your hard work really paid off! I'm sure it looks fantastic anywhere you hang it!!! TFS!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous. What a lot of work but how satisfying to know you made it. You should be very proud of it, which I'm sure you are.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

WOW.. this is just beautiful...

cdm317 said...

Stunning! Ab-so-lute-ly STUNNING!

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! What s FANTASTIC job!!! I think it's wonderful!!! Thank you south for the tutorial!!!

Stephanie Dang said...

This is so pretty! I gotta try this one day!