February 20, 2012

Do you KRAFT? Inking Background Tutorial

Hi ya everyone - Melissa from Melissa Made here today to share a simple tutorial on creating your own paper using Kraft.  I colored this gorgeous Some Odd Girl beauty with my Copics.  I imagined her in a vivid red dress with luscious dark skin, so that's how I colored her.  I quickly realized I couldn't find any paper that matched however.  I decided to ink a background using a Spellbinders Impressabilities.  Here's how:
Thanks for watching my video and simple tutorial.  Many thanks to Sheila for allowing me to share with you all again today!  If you are interested in more fun projects or a class in coloring with Copics stop by my blog - Melissa Made - for more details!

10 comments:

Larelyn said...

Thanks, Melissa, for a great tutorial. I have tons of Kraft paper and just never thought of creating my own backgrounds. I'm definitely filing this one away as a fabulous idea.
Hugs,
Larelyn
handmadefromtheheart-designsbylarelyn.blogspot.com

Krafthead said...

Of course I "Kraft" it is in my name ;) I really love the tutorial! I never used Kraft and Impressabilites together to make a background, just embossing! Thanks for the inspiration~

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea!
Of course we all LOVE kraft and this is a neat idea
for certain!
TFS!

~Leah

papillon digital design said...

This is Beautiful. Lovely coloring as usual :). TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Melissa! I'm going to try it! Love your card and the background technique! TFS!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Melissa what a beautiful project! Love the coloring as always and this background technique is awesome! Thanks for the great tutorial and being with us today.

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous color. I like this technique!

Lisa said...

Very pretty card, love the coloring and thanks for sharing a great idea.

GabyCreates.com said...

Thanks for sharing the technique and you already know I LOVE your coloring!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Great card and awesome technique! Thanks for sharing!!