April 7, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - Get Well Card

Good Morning. It is time for Gypsy Made Simple, so go grab a cup of coffee, turn on you Gypsy and let's get to work. This week we are doing a very simple card that utilizes one of the basic features of our Gypsy that makes it so valuable to us. I am using the Beyond Birthdays cartridge today. If you don't have it, that's OK, just choose any cart that has a card shape with a window and any group of words that are welded together. I chose 'get well soon' as I need to get a few more get well cards in my stash as that is getting low.


Now wasn't that easy? This basic technique is so valuable in your creating so I want to make sure you understand how to do it to fit your every creating need. So practice and let's make cut that card out and see how it looks.



Don't you just love the papers I chose? It is from the K and Company 2011 Spring Stack. And look how easy it went together. In less than 5 minutes and it is so cute.... it is just bound to cheer anyone up.

 Look how pretty they look.
 And the inside look awesome matted to match the outside of the card. And the white sentiment section really helps the letters jump right off the card when it is closed. I used the CTMH Cotton Candy Ink Pad to ink my edges using a little Sponge Dauber.

Here is a close up of the letters, don't they look beautiful in that pink glitter paper?
I challenge you to make a Get Well card this week. You need to squish and stretch your letters into a window card like I did and then link it up. I will be giving away a stamp set to 1 lucky link up chosen by random.org. So be sure to link your card up.
If you would like the file on this card just click HERE. Remember to choose your paper wisely.... I didn't the first time I made them and made it all over again. Pattern paper just didn't look good on the letters when I did it.
I sure hope you enjoyed today's project. I sure enjoyed making it and I know someone will feel better just receiving it from me. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comment inspire me to continue sharing with you.

18 comments:

ddair said...

GREAT video.Adaorable card. Thank you,
Diania

Candy said...

Hey Sheila,
Your video has made me excited to use my gypsy. I have only used it maybe 3 or 4 times. You have made it look so easy! I am going to try and make this card tonight. Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial. Your awesome!
Candy

Cricut Couple said...

Well Sheila, you did it again! I just love this card! The window cards are so good and this is just perfect! Gives me an idea for some invitations I have to make up for a lady at work!

Barb Smith said...

You are such a great teacher. Love your video tutorials. I especially like the way you use your Gypsy to it's fullest. Thanks for the great instruction.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

papillon digital design said...

Love the card and love seeing your videos. Great tutorial. TFS

blueskygirl said...

Sheila,

Thank you so much for the wonderful videos. I just discovered them last week. I actually made the flower card (actually 2 of them) from last week and used them both this week as birthday cards.

I just finished watching your video this week. I love how you show everything step by step. I have learned so much more about my gypsy, from just 2 days of video. I love how you welded the words onto the frame of the card. I would never have thought of that on my own.

Thank you for taking the time to video. You are a great teacher! I do also have the art philosophy cart so look forward to seeing what neat things you do with it!

Have a great day!
Molly

Amy said...

This is beautiful and sure to brighten anyone's day!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to make some of these cards for my stash! Thanks for the reminder to always make an extra. Your videos are always so easy to follow. Thank you for doing them. Some day I will learn to link my project to share...lol

Denise

Kards by Kathi said...

I love your tutorials for the gypsy. I am still learning. I do have a question. When using the search feature on the G, when you get to the bottom of the choices, how do you go to the remainder of the choices? I hope you understand what I mean. My email is

catlady709@comcast.net

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!! Now that I updated my Gypsy, she cuts welded images again!!!! I will have to try one of these!

Migdalia said...

Beautiful!Thanks for the Great Tutorial!!Have to try it!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspto.com

Inspired Butterfly said...

Sheila! You are so inspirational! Thank you so much for sharing...more than you know! Keep doing what you're doing! ♥~Your Circle Sis

flowerdisco said...

sheila, i am a new follower again. i don't know what happened i lost you and a few others too. i just came from the cricut board, hope you are well. talked to pam the other day too. glad i stopped over. like your new look too.
xoxo

Lilygirl said...

Great Videos! Thank you for the awesome ideas for making cards.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Will have to try this later. I am sick sick sick. Thanks for another great tutorial.

Bobby said...

I don't know whether to thank you for the tutorial or not. You'll have to read my blog to see why. I just hope my card qualifies for your challenge since I didn't have a Get Well sentiment.

Shawnee said...

I love this tutorial. Beautiful card. I will have to try this later. Thanks for another great idea.

Blessings,
Shawnee

Sheila said...

Hi Sheila, I think this is a great idea. I hope its ok, we are using this post for our Thursday Tutorial over at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog today.
http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.ca/
Thanks again,
Sheila
FCCB DT