April 26, 2012

It's a Pool Party!


Hey Ya'll,
Sassy Dude here, from Cricut Couple!  I have something very fun to share with you.  I had a friend at work that wanted some special invitations for her nephew's birthday party.
 Can you tell what kind of party is it?  Hee! Hee!  I wanted to do something different than just a standard card, so I decided to make a pocket style card with the invitation itself on a tag.  First of all, I did the pockets for the card.  This was a little over the top to make 20 of them, but once I started, there was no way I was going to stop.  Hee! Hee!
 The card base is an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of craft card stock cut in half.  I then used a rounded corner punch on all corners.  I then took a piece of the patterned stock and cut it 6" x 3".  I then scored it at 1/4" on the sides and bottom and folded everything.  Then used the rounded corner punch on the bottom corners.  I took 1/4" ATG tape and fastened the pocket to the bottom.  The waves (2.00), beach ball (1.50), sunglasses (1.00) and sunblock (1.25) were all cut from the Pack Your Bags Cartridge.  The It's a party! is from the CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge stamp set.  I just cut a rectangle of the patterned paper and stamped it on the tan side and then rolled it back and forth on a pen to get the wavy shape.  The white under the sunglasses is a piece of felt to represent the towel.   On the sunglasses, I used Liquid Glass on the lenses.  I also dotted the beach ball to look wet.
 I covered the personal information on the invitation.  On the right, the tag shape (7.50) is from CTMH Art Philosophy.  The little swimmer (3.50) is from Pack Your Bags also.  The goggles are covered with Liquid Glass.  I also used a little bit on the bottom under the boy to look like he has been dripping water on the floor.  I typeset everything for the party information on the computer and then printed it out, cut the rectangle and then used the rounded corner punch as well.  I also made sure to leave enough space for the boy.
This had so many fun layers, but if I had to do it again, I would try to simplify things a little bit as it took a long time to put them all together.  I would probably print the boy on the imagine as each of those little layers were glued.  Hee! Hee!

Well, I hope you enjoyed my project today!  We would love for you to visit over at Cricut Couple for letting me play today!  I would love to know what you think about the invitation and hope you will try some soon.  She was thrilled and very excited about her nephew's up and coming party!

15 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW what awesome invitations. They are so wonderfully personalized. Love all the elements, the towel is adorable ;) Great job.

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!
What a lot of detail you have used on this project x 20...WOW!!!!
Love everything about it Bobby :)
Hugs
Adele

Migdalia said...

Fabulous and Fun Card!!I am going to try this!TFS

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

I love your idea of using a tag! I can't believe you made 20 of these with all the layers and details. TFS. Amazing job as always. :) -Tami

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow, all the layers and the detail in each of these invitations.... I would be printing them off the computer and just making the card base! But that is why it looks so awesome! I thik I would have to save this invitation if I got it.... AWESOME! Thanks for sharing with us today.

papillon digital design said...

I am so loving your tags. Love the layers. TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

WOW, what an awesome birthday invitation... i am so sure they were thrilled with them

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the bright fun colors.

Java Jen's Creations said...

As usual, your projects always have a mega-cool factor to them! :-) So much wonderful detail! So glad your hard work was appreciated!! You rock!

Charlotte C said...

W-O-W. Love the idea. Don't think I'd be this ambitious, but you did a super job.

Audrey Godere -Dickinson said...

I love it..they are so cute...

Unknown said...

What an adorable invitation!!! I want to come to the party!!! What a great idea....can be used for any card....my brain is spinning with ideas :)

Angi Barrs said...

This is soooo super fun! It would be perfect for a pool party.

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

Super cute, Love this!! TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Love it!!! Check your blog for my exuberant response... lol!!!