May 22, 2012

Finally Finished Christmas 2011 Pages

I have decided that the only bad layout is the one you have not done! I love my family and I absolutely adore when we get together for those special moments around the holiday. And I love that we often times get out these books and reminisce of the years gone by and how the children have grown and how we have aged.... gracefully of course! teehee. So I have been putting together our pages, 2011 is mainly digital pages as I am still doing the traditional pages in 2008 and 2009! I had to speed things up and digital is the answer and the pages are awesome.

As you know I have been doing a few digital pages using the Close To My Heart Studio J digital software and I have to tell you I love it. So easy to work with and the quality is second to none. They will cost you $5.50 per page but very much worth every penny. Let's face it you would spend more than that with your photo processing, papers and embellishments if you did it that way. Yet, I love love love traditional scrap booking too, so I am just showing you your options and you do what ever works for you... just scrap your photos.

I also received a couple of questions as to what is the difference between the Close To My Heart Studio J digital and the My Memories program. I will try to answer this objectively. These pages were done on the My Memories program, which must be purchased, yet you can have your pages developed where ever you want. For me I have to use Costco as in the area I live that is the only place that does 12x12 pages. The program is awesome and so easy to work. They offer a lot of free papers and embellishment and you can buy more if you want a greater variety.  With Close To My Heart the program and all the papers and embellishments are free, however you can get more benefits if you join their club. (I didn't join and am thrilled with what I got free).

I have to tell you that as I am typing this I just received my pages from Close To My Heart and they are awesome. I just ordered these ten pages from Costco and will pick them up tomorrow and get them in my book. I love how awesome finished pages are in my books. I have been keeping up with my 2012 book and it is a combination of traditional and digital pages...
Back to the comparisons. Both programs are easy as can  be to work just take 1 step at a time and you will love the finished pages.
These digital pages go together so fast and I love how I can just drop a photo into a photo block and it sizes and crops the photo to fit. How nice is that?  And you can adjust the photo within the space so that you see exactly what you want to see.
We had such a great Christmas as all my children and grandchildren were home for Christmas. I wish I had take a few more close ups but there was so much going on that I am thankful for the photos that we do have. I love listening to the children tell you what is going on in the photos as they have such a different perspective of things.
As this was a surprise for three of the children to come to Alabama they were even more surprised to find they had gifts under the tree. The children that lived in Alabama were even surprised as they hadn't noticed their cousins gift. Everyone had such a great time.... Before the evening was over every inch of my living room was filled with Barbie dolls and trucks from the children.
Yes the only bad scrap book pages I have seen are the uncompleted ones! They are all beautiful in my eyes and they are cherished as the years go by. Isn't it time you got to work on your pages? Traditional or digital, just start making them a reality! You will be so happy you did. You know the funny thing, when we go on vacation or trips of any kind, I never by souvenirs as my photos are the best souvenirs I could ever get.... but they don't do any good unless I can see them.
Look how fun this page is! The adults had a dirty Santa grab bag too and yes we had a great time too. Hubby really liked the dark Vader helmet and had to try it on too. yup such a fun evening.

Well I hope you enjoyed my scrapbook pages. I enjoyed sharing them and my family with you and really hope that you too work on your pages in what ever form you can keep up with. I challenge you to do that.
Now remember if you use the Close To My Heart program the only thing you have to purchase is your photos. If you prefer to have your pages developed on your own or in your home you can purchase the My Memories program for a very minimal price.... you can use this code... STMMMS32096 and that will give you $10 off the purchase price.  I hope I was objective and informative for you today and even more so I hope that I have motivated you into action. I would love to see your pages so let me know where to look or even email me your pages so I can see them.
Thank you for your Sweet Sweet words of encouragement. You comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed day.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Your definitely way ahead of me. I haven't even got mine printed yet. Thanks for sharing your great family memories!

Kraftin' Kathie said...

You did a wonderful job...and your family is absolutly beautiful. You are truly blessed. Kathie

Gina Casey said...

Sheila, these pages are amazing! What a big beautiful family you have! Me too! Isn't that the best thing ever? Also, hehe, have you realised we are almost half way to Christmas again? Yikes! TFS!!!
Gina

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Thank you for sharing your heart today! What a wonderful 2011 Christmas at your house...and you have pictures to prove it! Great layouts! Thanks for all the information!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Jeannie said...

I am so envious of your organization! These look great---and they are done! Congratulations and thank you for sharing such a wonderful post.

Cricut Couple said...

Wow Sheila! These are all so much fun! I just love how you were able to include so many pictures into the designs. After all, it's all about family, isn't it. Love them all!!!