June 21, 2012

Road Trip: Warhol Style

Hello everyone.  It is Charlotte here from A Little Bit Of Detail, and am I excited to share a project with you!!  First, let me begin by telling you that this weekend, the Birmingham Museum of Art will open a new exhibition call Warhol and Cars: American Icons.  I am so excited when we have a new exhibition at the museum, and am especially excited about this one.

Now you ask, "What does that have to do with your post on this blog"?  Well, I decided to create a card in the Warhol style and Great American Road Trip.  Growing up, my family always took long road trips to different parts of our country.  And the earlier trips were taken in cars without air condition.  It is hard to believe now that we would travel with the windows down and our hair blowing.  But we did, and we loved it.

I have committed to not buying any paper this summer.  I am just determined to use up this paper that is taking over my life.  I am sure none of you have this problem. LOL!!  So I can tell you that the entire card was made from paper in my scrap drawer.  The cars were cut from the NIFTY FIFTIES cartridge.  I wanted to make sure I used colors of the time period.  The Fifties and Sixties were a wonderful time for the American Automobile.  They were truly works of art.   

  I added  Glossy Accents to the cars to give them the look of  a shinny paint job.  Wouldn't it be fun ridding around in one of these classic American cars!!

The sentiment is a cut from the SUMMER CELEBRATIONS cartridge.  I just loved the font used here and thought it matched the time period perfectly.  

If you get a chance, tell us about your favorite road trip.  So glad you joined us today.  
Charlotte

9 comments:

Barb Smith said...

Great job on this card. The cars are amazing and using glossy accents really makes them the main attraction. Like the different backgrounds.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Lisa said...

Very cute card. Loved the old cars.

papillon digital design said...

What a cute cute card and love the way you took inspiration from the museum showing and turned it into this wonderful card. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This card is great and I think my mother had a card just like the yellow one and I used to love to go for rides in it as a child too! boy I just aged myself! LOL
the red one reminds me of my first car, I had a 1963 Buick Electra convertable and I thought I was really something driving it!
Thanks for sharing this card with us today, it really brought back some awesome memories!

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Beautiful summer card.love all the colors and backgrounds.You wore so creative will all of those scraps.

Sarah said...

Love it! The cars are so shiny, who doesn't want a shiny car? I should try the no paper rule too and see how it works out...lol.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Fabulous - I just have to get this Nifty Fifties cart. TFS

Angi Barrs said...

This is sooo fun!

Rosie said...

awesome card

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com