June 28, 2012

Sassy Dude Day...


Hey Ya'll,
Well, today is Sassy Dude day here at She's a Sassy Lady.  Well, when you think of a Sassy Lady, I can't think of a closer word than "Fashionista", right?  Well, I couldn't figure out exactly what to do for this month's project, so I decided to continue my designs made with a paper stack that I found at Hobby Lobby on clearance called Fashionista.  As many may know, it's been a while since I have really been feeling like a designer.  My brain has been mush.  Well, I just grabbed a craft knife, fired up the Cricut and started putting things together.  I ended up with a bundle of cards from this that I have been sharing them on my blog, Cricut Couple.  I have lots more I have been sharing, so if you want, grab a cup of coffee and hop over for a visit!  You are always welcome!
For this card, I used papers from the fashionista stack.  I cut a few roses at 3.00 with CTMH AP, some flourishes with lime green, and oval with a parchment stock, and the oval border with dark red stock.  The picture of the lady is a shape you punch out of the last page in this stack.  I inked everything with Chocolate Ink.

 I used some golden iridescent glitter glue and dotted here and there to add some more embellishment to it.  The sentiment in the oval is an old CTMH stamp called Glorious Greetings.  I added a bow above the oval and I also used some Liquid Glass on just the left part on the top shape to make the picture stand out.  I really loved this paper as the background.  I wish the pictures had turned out better because the papers so vibrant that the pictures really don't do it justice.

 This inside is very simple.  I just made a basic mat.
Well, I have more things to show you that came out of this paper pack.  I hope you will stop by and visit.
Now, for those of you who have hit a wall like I did, I would encourage you to just get back to basics and start with something that is so simple to create with.  I love Graphic 45 papers and they always inspire me.  I just started with my paper stack and craft knife.  I started cutting out decorative pieces, ladies posed, shoes, etc.  Then it started to inspire me to fire up the Gypsy and find some shapes to compliment and then things just started coming together and clicking again.  So... don't give up... it's still there... you just have to find it again.
Thanks so much for visiting today!  I would love to hear your comments.
A special thanks to Sheila for letting me play today and allowing a simple and kind of one note project.  I hope next month's is a little more wow.  Hee! Hee!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Bobby!!! Love the Fashonista and those tiny flowers!

Migdalia said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

very cute card TFS!
melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Beautiful card... love the colors of this one, so rich looking. Beautiful. Thank you for sraring this with us today

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a beautiful card, someone is going to truly love this...

Unknown said...

Great card as always Bobby :)
Loving the vibrancy of the papers, I am so loving Graphic 45 at the minute.
Hugs
Adele

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Fabulous card love all those wonderful papers. TFS

Jeannie said...

I love the card! It is simply, gorgeous. Your 3d roses make this so special!

BethAnn said...

Loved this card, and all of the fashionistas on your blog! They are really fun and totally cool ,too BethAnn M

Audrey Frelx said...

My friend, you are just a cardmaking master -- GREAT card!