August 4, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - Birthday Shape Card

Isn't this just adorable? It is my little Carissa's (Sassy Sissy) birthday so I decided to use the Princess cartridge and make an adorable little shape card for her. In this GMS post you will learn how to use the X and Y position on your Gypsy to align your cuts. So go grab a cup of coffee, turn your Gypsy on and let's get to work.


Did you see how easy it is to line up your pieces of art to get a perfect cut? Easy isn't it? Now if you don't have this cart just practice on a cut from another cut. I took a cut without any layers and still have an awesome look.


Notice I did not hide the cuts in the second dress as I need them to cut along the edges. If I make this card again I will hide the cuts in the bodice so the card will be a little sturdier. Don't you love the look of the crinkled ribbon? So easy, just a little time consuming.


 This is a close up of the ruffles on the petticoat and the top portion of the dress. I just love all the texture and dimension it adds.


Here is a photo of the card looking down on it. This is how it will look as she pulls it out of the envelope. I love that it will fit a standard 5 1/4 inch square envelope.

This is what the little card looks like standing. Awesome isn't it? Well I hope you enjoyed today's post and learned something new with your Gypsy or had a little refresher on something you learned a long time ago. This week I challenge you to make a Shape Card! Any shape at all and then link it up. I can't wait to see what you do. It always amazes me the various shapes that are used that I never even considered using! So link it up so we can see what you come up with.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thank you thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed day.

21 comments:

Sandra said...

This card is super cute! I love the color. I look forward to your GMS videos each week.

TFS,
Sandra

Charlotte said...

Shelia,
This is just so pretty. And what a great use of the crinkle ribbon. I love it!!!
Charlotte

Angi Barrs said...

Love this super gorgeous card.

Migdalia said...

What an adorable card!!!OMG!Sweet!
Migdalia

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Sheila!!! This is just the cutest!!! Amazing how the ribbon makes the petticoat look so real! Love the button bodice -- just a fabulous card!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an awesome card Sheila..

Charlotte C said...

You did a terrific job on this card. I just love it. Come Sept. we'll have another granddaughter after 4 grandsons in a row so you know I'll be wanting to scraplift this card at some point! TFS all your talents with us.

Lisa said...

Sheila, you did a fantastic job on this card, it is beautiful. Love the petticoat.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

WOW Sheila - this is so beautiful - absolutely gorgeous. TFS

Anonymous said...

WOW This is so pretty Love IT!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the ribbon and lace. Great touch.

Cricut Couple said...

Migdalia is spot on with this one! OMG!!! This is so much fun! I have looked at that cartridge a bunch of times, but I have never seen anything that looks like this. I am totally scraplifting this one miss Sassy! It's SUPERB!!!

kcrazys kcreations said...

!!!!Sheila my darling i(luv your viedos.. alway look forward to your next creation had a question. or a request im doing a minnie mouse invation from mickey and friends cardridge just the blackout face and ears in the gypsy cause there no card. trying to make one but its not turning out right. could you please give me some pointers. on how to go about it .despert..thank you darling.a FAN:)

Janice said...

What a clever card, how lovely, Jx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card, Sheila! The fabric really pushes it over the top!
Evelyn

Adele said...

WOW!!!! What a superb card Sheila, I just absolutely love it !!!
The detail of the ribbon sure makes all the difference :)
Huge hugs
Adele

Holly Young said...

too stinkin cute!!!!!!!!

papillon digital design said...

WOW! What an awesome awesome card. Love that dress with the ruffles. And just love your videos so much. You are one awesome talented lady and such an inspiration to all of us. TFS

SherriC. said...

absolutely beautiful Sheila....
I love love love making shape cards, TFS!!!!

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Beautiful card dress.Funny i cut this dress this week but it does not look close to your card.love it.

Unknown said...

Adorable Sheila!!!!