November 7, 2012

Owl Treat Box


Hello scrappers, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy.  I have to admit I haven't had much crafty energy lately, but I'm trying to turn that around.  I'm hoping I will be inspired to start working on my Christmas cards and getting ready for December Daily, which I'm planning to take part in this year.  At times like these, to get myself back in the groove, I find it easiest to pick a project that requires minimal creativity...in other words, I chose to create a 3-D image that some other creative person already designed for me.


The owl box is from the Silhouette online store, which means all I had to do was pick out my paper and embellishments.


I did some inking around the edges of the card stock and pattern paper.  I assembled the owl before putting the box together, it just seemed easier that way.  It's difficult to see in the pictures, but I added glossy accents to the eyes and beak.


I thought a bow was appropriate for this girly owl.  Now all that's left to do is add some treats and pick who the lucky recipient will be.  I apologize for the washed out pictures, my lighting was a little off.

Details
Pattern Paper:  My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose (Hattie)
Solid Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink
Ribbon:  My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose (Mabel)
Glossy Accents
Stampin' Up Dimensional Adhesive
Ink:  Papertrey Ink-Vintage Tea Dye Duo

Thanks for hanging in with me.  I hope you enjoyed my little project, perhaps it will provide some inspiration for one of you.

8 comments:

-Candi said...

Your owl is so cute, I would have never thought to leave the tabs out to look like wings! I'm curious though how you got the box/bag to stay together since you didn't use the tabs to glue it?

Lisa said...

Very cute box. I know what you mean about trying to find crafty time.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Oh WOW - this is so cool - TFS

Kate said...

Thank you Candi. To adhere the two sides I just used some liquid adhesive on both sides of each rectangular piece. I held it together for a short time to make sure it "stuck", but you could also use a rubber band.

Anonymous said...

Kate, sorry you're in a slump, but it sure doesn't show in your crafting! The papers you chose for your owl box are just so pretty! I don't think it's cheating using other people's files. That's what they're there for!! and you put your own spin on them with the papers and embellishments you choose.
Evelyn

SherriC. said...

adorable!!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kate this owl is just as cute as can be. I love how using the tabs make him look like wings I should say not using the tabs. He just so much personality. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Unknown said...

This is stinkin' cute!!!!!!!