November 16, 2012

Santa Roll Basket

























Hi Everyone,

Brrrrrr, it's starting to get cold. Lisa here from Lisa's Craft Room posting my project for the month. Thanks Sheila for having me. Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week? I know I have so much to be Thankful for, which I am everyday :)

I decided to make a cute Santa out of a toilet paper roll. I've seen these darling baskets on Angie's blog. I love them and they make cute little gifts or decorations. She made Halloween ones, I made a Halloween one also, but thought I'd try a Santa one. I think it came out so cute.

Using a toilet paper roll, you flatten it and cut it at 1 3/8".  I inked the edge of the roll with black so the roll color doesn't show. The outside paper (red) is 5 1/2" x 1 3/8" and the inside paper (black), (which you just glue inside) is 5 3/16" x 1 3/8". I cut a scallop from the Elegant Edges cartridge at 2" and a 1 3/4" circle from a punch which you glue on the scallop, then glue to the bottom of the roll to reinforce it as a base for the bottom. I saw that I put the buckle on the seam side so I fixed it so that the seam is in the back.

I added a black ribbon with a soda tab as a buckle. I glued two silver skittles as buttons. The handle is a piece of black cardstock with a piece of patterned paper glued as a strip for some color. I punched holes to each side and used silver button brads to attach it. The cute Santa face is from the Very Merry Tags cartridge. Then I cut up strips of black paper to add inside and tied some curly ribbon to the handle.

I love how it came out :) Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Neat idea Lisa - a good one for the kids too:-)

Lisa said...

Thanks Karon :)

Migdalia said...

This is soooo Cute!!Love it!
Have a wonderful Friday,
Migdalia

Anonymous said...

Super Cute!!!!

Unknown said...

Cute idea!! So easy & fun!

Unknown said...

Very sweet :)
Love the concept :)
Hugs
Adele

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone, forgot to say that I added some dazzling diamonds to the ball of Santa's hat. I should have cut off the tag part. Isn't it funny how you see things after. LOL

papillon digital design said...

How cute. Love the hat and those buttons look so lovely! That santa cut is so cute and you have layered beautifully. TFS

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Thank you for the directions! Hard to believe you started with a toilet paper roll!!
Carolyn