January 19, 2013

Bird Cage Note Pad and Card


Hi ~ Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway one more time this month.  I am filling in for Bobby (Sassy Dude) today at She's A Sassy Lady.

I made this darling note pad and gift card for my good friend Jenny.


I used my Imagine More Cards cartridge with my Cricut Imagine to find my image and patterned paper.

I changed my mind on the patterned paper I first printed out.  I also made my Bird Cage image a little too big.  Had I used Cricut Craft Room, I would have been able to see that (oops)!


So I tried again and printed the bird cage smaller along with some other images for another project. When I use my Imagine, I tend to print off many images to use as much of my paper as I can.


Instead of patterned paper, I went with a solid pink.  I used this ribbon from Michaels.  It is actually Christmas ribbon, but I liked it because it had music notes on it.  Birdies sing a lot, so I thought this would be perfect!!

I tied the ribbon on my 4x4 card front with the bow on the side.


I inked the bird cage image with Vintage Photo and adhered it on top of the ribbon.


What a lovely card!


I inked and adhered the bird cage image to a 3 x 5 inch piece of pink cardstock.  I tied the ribbon around the pink cardstock.

I mounted the pink cardstock onto a bright blue cardstock sized to 3 1/16 x 5 1/16 inches.  I find this tiny bit larger size works great as a cover for 3x5 blank notecard pages.

I used my Bind-it-All to punch and bind my notebook with 1/2" wires.

If you want to see how to bind these note pads, I have a tutorial HERE.


I love making note pads to give as gifts.  It is a fun way to keep a grocery list or document tidbits for scrapbook layouts!

I hope Jenny likes my gift to her.  I love how bright it is ~ especially in the cold and snowy winter here!!!

4 comments:

Karon said...

Lori - this is such a beautiful gift set. Fabulous. TFS

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

It's so neat that the Imagine can print the images out that you want (wish I had one!); your cards are lovely!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori, this set is just adorable! I love the colors and the design you made. This makes a great little set! Thanks for sharing with us today!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Beautiful set!!! Just lovely!! The Imagine is so great for these kind of projects! I love mine!