February 16, 2013

A Flip It Card Is My Card Party Contest Card.... Speed Is The Name Of The Game


These little Flip It Cards are just as cute as can be and so - so simple, anyone can make them. I got the die from Stamps Of Life even though I realized it wouldn't run on my Cuttlebug unless I had the long B plates... and at that it is iffy as each machine is calibrated a little differently. They are designed to would on the Big Shot or any Sizzix machine. Well watch the video as it will show you my cuttlebug is a hero!!! Now I did have to purchase a crease pad but it works great with that and has opened me up to any Sizzix die! Yeah! The cute stamp set is also from Stamps Of Life and just too much fun!


 Doesn't this make an adorable friendship card.... Love it!


And look at the little splashes! I love it!


Now wasn't that easy? And so cute. Now when you read this it will be the day after the card party. I did it that way so none of the ladies could see the contest card. How fun is that no instructions just the kit. And the winner will get a Recollections Stamps set for their collection.


This is the card. It will be scored but not folded all they will get is a 15 second look at the card before making it.... Isn't that just too fun? And it is so cute.... wish my pictures were a little better but it has been raining for 4 days! So I thought I just better post what I have! LOL I figure it should take them about 2 to 3 minutes to complete this cute little card.


Here is the back of the card.... plenty of room for a little note and a signature.

Here is how I package every card.... this one has the card on the left, the prize on the right and all the little packets on the inside. You can get these vinyl 12x12 pouches at Hobby Lobby, 3 for $5.99... I used my 40% off ticket.

Here is all that the ladies will get along with their 15 second glance.... I'll let you know how it goes.... think I will time it.
Well I hope you enjoyed my little post today. I will see you next week with plenty of photos of the party. Thanks for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your words inspire me to continue sharing with you.

7 comments:

Karon said...

Fabulous card Sheila - love the little splashes! Have a great weekend.

Created by Kathi said...

Loved the vid and love the cards :) Very cute! Thanks for making one for us!!! You rock at this and make it look so easy :) Can't wait to hear about your card party too! Lots of details pls :) Kathi

Teach4U said...

I love a card party idea. I am thinking about trying this idea with my crafty friends. I love the flip card.

Brenda

lindagk23 said...

Beautiful Cards Sheila! I have a couple of the flip it cards and just love them! Thanks so much for sharing and cannot wait to hear about your card party. Have a great weekend! lindagk23

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video. I have the flip die and was contemplating buying the Big Shot because I couldn't get it to run through my Cuttlebug. When you bought the crease pad, what size did you get? I see there are a multiple of sizes. Also, did you run 2 extended "B" plates or 1 extended and 1 regular? Your card party girls are so lucky!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I used the large crease pad to match the extended B plate.... only 1 B plate then the die faced up with the crease pad and it worked great. I had to run through a couple of times like you saw but it worked.... I didn't want to have to buy another machine just for the die set so I was thrilled. The 1st two I ran through just once and it did not cut through - just test your machine for what works best as they are all calebrated just a little different. Have a blessed day.

Charlotte C said...

Love this card. I've made one a long time ago but no die - just measure and cut. And the stamp set is too cute. We all can't wait to hear about your card party.