February 5, 2013

Elmo Makes Great Treat Bags


Good Morning Sheila here and I am so excited to be with you today. Not only is this showing on my blog today; She's A Sassy Lady, but I get to play along with Pam at The Bug Bytes she is such a sweetie and a great friend.

You know we all love crafting and making beatiful things with all the wonderful things we have collected. You know those yummy papers, embellishmets, ribbons and so on. And don't forget our equipment,,,, the Gypsy, the Cricut, CCR, Silhouette and so on. We all just love to craft... but sometimes we just have fun and this was just a fun project! My children grew up loving Elmo and when I looked at the cartridge I just knew I had to have it! but then I set it aside, well this week I got it out and in just minutes I had designed the treat bag topper.


Look how easy it was to put this together! Can you believe it. And so fast to cut out. In 30 minutes I had 12 Elmo's cut, and it only took a few minutes to put the little guy together. This gave me plenty of time to visit with you!


Look at these cute little guys.... I made up 8 right away with the little M&M bags and knew I had to make more! So I wnet back to my Cricut and cut out 6 more! Now my grandchildren will each get a little surprise in the mail for Valentines day and I know they will love them!

I hope you enjoyed today's post it was so much fun sharing with you! Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. You comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed week!

11 comments:

Charlotte C said...

These are just too cute, Sheila. And so easy to put together. I'll be doing this for my little guys - maybe even my teenage granddaughters. Everyone loves Elmo! TFS such a quick and easy project with us.

papillon digital design said...

This is awesome. Love the treats idea and so scraplifting it. Great video too. You know I love having coffee with you. Will really miss being at the card party. TFS

Anonymous said...

Lucky little grandbabies...to have such a talented grandma! What a fun post!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

Sheila,
These are really just to cute
Hugs, Stacy

Linda said...

Sheila, what a great idea! I love making treat bags for my grandson to bring to school for holidays. I will definitely give something like this a try. Never thought to use a shaped character as the topper. Thanks for sharing this ☺

Linda
http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Adorable!!!! I love this idea! I just might borrow the idea, but I will have to switch out the character as I don't have either Sesame Street Cart.

Karon said...

These are so cool and love how you just put them straight on the M&Ms packet:-)

Created by Kathi said...

I may try this with cookie monster! Love your creativity and looking forward to living through you at your card party! Have fun! Kathi

BethAnn M said...

Love these, and the idea to use the candy bag 'as is' is wonderful! I'm going to give these a try with a different cartridge, as I don't have Sesame. Pooh is looking good, to me, though! Thank you for all of the inspiration, Sheila. BethAnn M.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Fantastic project!! I love it!! I can't wait to use my Elmo cartridge!

L.B. said...

Just right!!