April 20, 2013

Gypsy Made Simpe - Making Scrapbook Mats And Pages


Well good morning! Did you hear the news.... Provocraft is discontinuing the Gypsy! I can hardly believe it as I and everyone I know that has one LOVES IT! Well I have been reading the message board and have found that there are still many people that want to learn to use theirs better so we will keep going on with this series for as long as you want it.  The good news is they will continue to support the Gypsy and we can send ours in to get repaired if it breaks! Thank goodness!!!
This morning we are going to work on a scrapbook project so go grab a cup of coffee and turn you Gypsy on and let's get to work.


Now see how easy it is when you work on the larger mat? It enables you room to maneuver when you are working with large objects. I love that for scrapbook pages.


Wasn't this just too easy to put together? I love that your whole page is a mat and all you need to do is just drop in you photos and you don't even need to crop or mat them... just so easy.


The hard part for me is always picking out the papers. The base of this is from My Minds Eye while the blue foil paper is from DCWV. All the scraps from the hats are also from DCWV and I just love how my expression cuts that paper.... just like cutting butter.


Don't you just love these little hats? And it was so easy to match up when I made the little tassels and trim out of the same paper as the heading.


Here is a closeup of the hats, they were just so easy to put together and will surely match and outfit worn at Aiden's birthday party.


Well I sure hope you liked today's post and can use the little tips I gave when you make your pages. Be sure to start creating and using your Gypsy to the fullest. And if there is something that you would like to know how to due just hit the contact button above and send me your request. If there is something you would like me to share just mail it to me at: Sheila McShea, 3005 Stonecreek Trace, Helena, AL 35080.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed week.

17 comments:

Brenda said...

It was a sad day in my life when I learned that PC was discontinuing the Gypsy!! I love my Gypsy and can't craft without it!! lol But I am serious. So thank you Sheila for continuing this series, even though I know how to use my G, but sometimes I don't think to do certain things with it. But I do use it every time I craft!

Brenda said...

Ooops, forgot to say another great project!!!

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful page, Sheila. Your explanation makes it so doable. Thank you.

BethAnn M said...

Love using my Gypsy and really enjoy your videos showing us how to do so many things with her. Your mat is really cute! Thank you for all the inspiration that you provide each week. BethAnn M.

Audrey Frelx said...

Great job as always, Sheila! Great project!

Hadn't heard that PC was discontinuing the Gypsy -- PC is getting scary!!! Love my machines and the service but they don't seem to be going anywhere anymore... that's my opinion anyway.

Hugs!

SuzyQness79 said...

PC sent me an email this week saying that they had finally figured out the Gypsy-Craft Room sync. In addition to linking my Gypsy, they were giving me $20 to spend on digital images or cartridges.

Cute project!

Kathy Martin said...

Fabulous layout....you are amazing Sheila. You gave me a great idea to make a Graduation page for my grandson.
Sad about the gypsy..I cannot be without it.
Kathy M.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for continuing your Gypsy sessions! The scrapbook page you created today is so adorable! I appreciate your hard work and dedication to making the Gypsy easy to understand and use!

ottersln said...

It's sad about the Gypsy, but this seems to be the way of PC. I have to get a new laptop to be able to really use the CCR so, I'll stick my Gypsy until I just HAVE TO convert... Lol I have two mats to cut, I hope to get them done today!,, when I do I will send Yu a picture and ink to my blog. I love your tutorials and hope you'll keep them coming. I always check your blog each week, especially on Saturdays!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the great tutorial! I LOVE MY GYPSY!!! ....and just have TOO much $$$ to go with a Silhouette! which is mostly all I am seeing now! I miss the old Cricut message board!!! Thanks for hanging in there with us!!! sherry107

Anonymous said...

Shelia-
I just watched the video-oh!! I have missed so much just trying to figure this all out by myself!! Loved the tutorial!! Now I need to watch more of them-I can sure get alot more out of my Cricut and Gypsy!!!
THANK YOU!!!!
sherry107

Avra Williams said...

I too would be lost without my G! I went from a Create to an E2 (never had the original E) and honestly do not know how to use the E2 on it's own. Plus who wants to plug in and swap cartridges again?! OR use a computer to design and cut with? Not me! I have to admit, I haven't really watched your videos since I was first learning to use my G. But I did watch today's and I love getting new ideas on how to use it! And of course I save all of your Gypsy Made Simples and/or know where to find them! I do have to look back thru them - I have something I want to do that is similar to what you did today - I may have to send you an email to ask for your help. THANK YOU for continuing this series! You're awesome!

Unknown said...

Very sad about the gypsy. I don't like lugging my laptop to crops. Also, the expression 2 is much easier to use with the gypsy. Does this also mean we will no longer be able to link new cartridges?

Grace Baxter said...

Very cute layout. Regarding Gypsy being discontinued... I am now annoyed at Provocraft because I wrote to them and asked if they were going to do that. Their reply said they couldn't comment on their future plans but that they would support Gypsy. That's when I knew they were going to ditch it. I am so ticked about it, I feel like selling all my cartridges and starting over with a competitor's cutting system. It's not right.

Donna Lee said...

Hey Sheila! I finally cut one of my frames and put it together. I linked up your last two videos on my blog post. Thanks for the inspiration!
http://stampinnscrapinwithdonnalee.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/scrapbook-frame-easter-layout/

Java Jen's Creations said...

I'm sad about the Gypsy being discontinued too but am, at least, thankful that they will support it still. Thank you so much for continuing this series! You have helped so many by doing what you do! This is a fantastic layout - I love using my Gypsy for things like this! Thanks again for all you do!

Unknown said...

I am sad but not surprised :( I have a back up BNIP Gypsy for just in case....

I have a silhouette, but still prefer designing on my Gypsy!!!!! So glad you are continuing your series!!!!

Love the layout design!!