April 2, 2013

Organizing Your Acrylic Stamps To Fit In Small Area


Good Day! I hope you are having a wonderful day. As you know I have recently been organizing my craft space to take advantage of every inch in my Craft Room. Well I started on my stamps and just love the system that I have. Now you need to know I do not have a ton of stamps like a lot of you do but I do have quite a few and my system can be adapted to fit your needs.
The first thing I did was go to Staples as they make great binders that have a life time guarantee! They have really turned me into a notebook snob as I really love the quality. I also purchased the Martha Stewart page protectors and inserted white card stock in each one so that you could not see through them. Then I sorted and placed all my stamps in order.


After I did that I typed up my contents pages and then put everything in order. Please check out my video to see.



Isn't that wonderful? So easy to find everything and I have plenty of room to grow. All I need to do is add a notebook and more sheets and I am good to go.

 I kept my cover simple with an enlargement of my personal stamp.... Love the cover, don't you?


And don't you love how you can fit the stamp sets in the protector and they can't fall out because of the little top flap holding them in.


Here is another page and an area that I have to add 3 more pages.... I couldn't wait to share with you as I am just so excited at how easy it is to find the stamps I want now.


Thanks for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed today's little organizational tip. I know I sure love being able to find just the right stamp for the occasion! I really think I am going to do this with all my Close To My Heart stamps too as I have so many of them and I just have the hardest time finding just what I need.
Thanks for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great storage ideas Sheila!!

ERMAPAR said...

It's like you read my mind. This is just what I've been looking for.
Thank you

Audrey Frelx said...

Great idea, Sheila! And I need to do this for myself!

Left a comment over at Pam's that now I need is for you to come up with a way to organize and store the loads of wood mounted stamps I have... lol!!! Hee-hee, I'll be waaaiting... lol!!!

Karon said...

Love this Sheila - what a fabulous idea! TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

What a fantastic idea!!! This totally inspires me to get busy organizing! Thanks for the tip!

Charlotte C said...

Great idea, Sheila. I keep mine in their packaging in a pull-out drawer so I can quickly thumb through them to see what I want. And all my holiday stamps (Easter, Christmas and so on), dies, etc., are kept together in another place. But I do love your binder system so I'm off to Staples.

scootingranny said...

I just joined Stamps of Life last month and thanks to your blog had done a notebook. A lot of my other stamps are in the small binders from Hobby Lobby and I really like those. The rest are just a mis-mash of organized chaos. Thanks for the idea and info on the Staples folder and MS sheet protectors. I'm seriously thinking of investing in these and organizing like yours. TFS

scootingranny said...

Just did a search for the Martha Stewart sheet protectors because I'd never seen these at HL, Michaels or Joann's and they're at Staples also with a fair price!! I see a visit to Staples in the near future!!

Migdalia said...

TFS!!Love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

scootingranny said...

Went to Staples today and got a package of the MS sheet protectors. They are PERFECT for these stamp sets...amazing!! I only have two sets...I am a newbie member of Stephanie's stamp club but I love them so much I will be ordering more. Will head back to Staples for another package soon