June 6, 2013

A Sassy Birthday Card

Hi Everyone!  It's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail and I'm so excited to be a new design team member at She's A Sassy Lady.  Many thanks to Sheila and her team for having me be a part of the team, I'm thrilled to join in the fun!   I thought it would be appropriate to make a super "sassy" card for my first design team post.  This fun card features stamps from a variety of companies:

  
The main focus is on my super sassy Tess from the SU set "Tote-ally Tess".  

 
She's supposed to be holding stamps and markers and such, but I think that little glass of vino suits her very well.  The wine glass stamp is by Stampin' On The Edge.

When I use this stamp, I always use the paper piecing technique for her pants.  Simply stamp her pants on patterned paper, cut them out, then glue them on your main stamped image.  It adds so much fun to her attire!



There wasn't a lot of room for a sentiment on this card, so I filled a little white space with this birthday sentiment by My Craft Spot.

No card is complete without a very sassy message for the inside greeting!

Thanks for joining us today...have a super day!

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Welcome to the team and thanks for this great card. Great job on paper piecing! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Karon said...

This is definitely a "sassy" card - love the sentiment on the inside LOL! TFS and welcome.

Java Jen's Creations said...

What a perfectly sassy card!! Love it and your great tutorial!! Welcome to our team! I can see you will fit in just fine!! :-)

Charlotte C said...

Welcome - love your card. It's clean and simple and stunning.