July 30, 2013

Hand Made, Hand Painted Card



Hi!!  I’m Leslie from http://scrapnlifeaway.blogspot.com/ !  I am brand new to blogging, but I have been a die-hard scrapbooker  for about 6 years now!  This is my very first post here at She’s A Sassy Lady!  Thank you to Sheila for giving me the opportunity to be part of your Design Team family!!  I hope that I can encourage others to be creative!  I am not gonna lie, I’m rather nervous, but onward and upward!!  Let’s make a card!!




I started out with a basic 8 ½  x 11 piece of ivory card stock and cut it in half to create my 5 ½  x 4 ¼  card base.  I then cut one 5 ½  x 4 ¼  patterned paper from my DCWV Stack 7 pad.  Chalk the edges of the patterned paper with my Prima Branch Bark chalk.  Then adhere it to the front of the ivory base.  Cut two 5 x 3 ¾ mats using dark tan paper from my DCWV Mariposa Stack.  I trimmed the bottom of each mat using one of my EK punches.


Using my VersaMark watermark stamp pad, I randomly stamped three different flowers (from Scrappy Cat) on the mat that will go on the front of the card.  I stamped my “thank you” sentiment from the CTMH Casual Expressions stamp set in the lower corner of the mat.  I then covered my stamped images with Rangers Copper embossing powder and then hit them with my heat gun.  I also stamped and embossed a flower on the mat that will go inside my card.


I wanted to add color to my flowers, but I don’t own any Copic Markers, and I didn’t like the look when I tried my water color pencils.  BUT, I do own some Perfect Pearls by Ranger!!  I used Blush, Forever Violet, Blue Smoke and Forever Green.  Using a paint brush with a very thin tip, I painted each flower.  I allowed about ½ an hour for my painted mats to dry.


After my flowers were dry, I chalked the edges of the mats with my branch bark chalk.  On the mat that goes inside the card, I stuck a ½ in. strip of the patterned paper on to the top of the mat.  I thought it would add some nice contrast and tie it into the front of the card.  After looking at the mats, I decided they still needed a little “something”, so I glued some small gems onto the centers of the purple flowers.


And here it is!!  A hand made, hand painted card!!  You can make this card so versatile by simply switching out the sentiment!!  I hope that you enjoyed my very first tutorial!  Please feel free to stop by my blog!  I am starting on a wonderfully creative journey and I would love for you to follow along!  Who knows where we will end up!  A huge thank you to Sheila for having me visit today!  I’ve had a creative blast!


7 comments:

Regina said...

I never thought of painting the flowers on a card but you have inspired me to try. Really love the look of it. Have a fun day and I will be stopping by your blog.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Wow this is beautiful I love the painting I'm gonna have to give that a try thanks for sharing today!

Charlotte C said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Welcome to Sheila's blog.

scrapnlifeaway said...

thank you so much ladies!!!

scrapnlifeaway said...

the neat thing about painting with the perfect pearls, is that when it dries, it shimmers!! The shimmer was hard to catch in the photograph!!

Karon said...

What a wonderful card - I love the flowers! TFS

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Thanks for the tutorial and welcome to the DT at She's a Sassy Lady blog, Leslie! You'll love it here ;). Can't wait to see more from you.