September 16, 2013

FULL FRONT TRI-SHUTTER & COLORING




Hello, everyone, this is Charlotte C.  Thank you, Sheila, for inviting me to once again join you here.  For my granddaughter’s first birthday my daughter is doing a Minnie Mouse/pink/zebra theme, so I had to go along with those colors for her card.  I love Minnie, but those layers – ugh.  What I did for all the images was to draw them with Cri-Kits gel pens in my Cricut on some off-white card stock I have and then colored everything with some Distress Markers, CTMH alcohol markers and acrylic paint.  There was no way I could cut and layer a 1” house!  But first I created a full front tri-shutter card like so:
5 1/2 x 12 card stock scored at 4, 8, and 10 inches.  Then come down from the top and up from the bottom 1 1/2 inches and cut between the 4 and 10 inch score lines.  Now score at the 6 inch mark just down to and up to the cut line.  (I marked the lines on white paper so it’s easy to see.)




When cut, scored and folded, your card will look like this when looking down on it. 



Here’s the sizes for the solid mat and designer paper on each section:
Cover is 5 ¼ x 3 ¾ (DP is 5 x 3 ½)
Cut 6 rectangles at 1 7/8 x 1 3/8 (DP is 1 ¾ x 1 ¼)
Cut 1 rectangle at 5 ¼ x 1 ¾  (DP is 5 x 1 ½)
Cut 1 rectangle at 1 7/8 x 2 ¼ (DP is 1 ¾ x 2 1/8)
Cut 1 rectangle at 3 ¾ x 2 ¼  (DP is 3 5/8 x 2 1/8)

Here’s the card closed (sorry that it looks kind of washed out.  Too much sun coming in the window reflecting off the glitter.)




And open



I attached a panel with sentiment and signing to the back side of the card behind Minnie.

I used Stickles, Martha Stewart glitter, Martha Stewart Hydrangea Punch and added some glossy accents to the center of the flowers.  The green behind one of the flowers is from Accent Essentials.  All the flowers were cut on white CS and colored with CTMH alcohol markers.  And I know they don’t look anything like a hydrangea – never could figure out how to do it.
Hope you enjoyed this and have a great week!

5 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Charlotte, what a beautiful card you made your grand daughter, and you did such a great job with painting and glittering it!

Karon said...

WOW - this is fabulous - love all the bright colours and great images! TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This card is just gorgeous! I am sure she will love it! Thanks for sharing with us today Charlotte!

Unknown said...

I have never seen a full front tri-shutter card before - LOVE it!!!!
Minnie is cute too!!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

That card is just ooozing so much cuteness!!! Love all the wonderful details.