September 4, 2013

Thank you Swing Card





Hi everyone,

Its Carol here from http//happyexpressions.blogspot.com  I am sharing a little part of my me with you all.  Thank you for allowing me to share with you and your friends Shelia.

I wanted to make a special gift and card for my sister in-law for pet sitting for me when I went to my grandsons wedding. I decided to make a box of hand made cards for her and this beautiful card to go with it. Sorry I didn't take a picture of the box before I gave them to her. I just wasn't thinking.

 The card stock is brazil textured. I went with a swing card. I haven't made to many of them so this one is quite simple. On the top and bottom edges I used a wheel stamp from SU but I have unmounted my stamps. I just find it a bit easier to control with a block than with a wheel. I used a grey SU ink pad.

 I then added dcwv pattern paper. I took a white rectangle to layer on top of the pattern paper. I used a MS corner flower punch on the corners. I did some faux stitching in sukura pink pen on the card base and the white layer. I added the thank you stamp also from SU.

I had some daisies and the pink flower in  my stash. I added two of the daisies on to the back panel with another SU Thank you. The tag on the right also has thank you on it. My sister in-law was just thrilled with her gift. I have made a few boxed card gifts for family and friends and they just love them. I have one friend that just can't give hers away. She says they are just too special. It sure makes me feel good when they fuss over what I have made for them.

Thank you all for stopping by, happy creating!

7 comments:

Karon said...

So pretty and great stamps! TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Carole, great job on your swing card! It's very pretty!

Charlotte C said...

Looks like you hand cut that swing card. Very pretty. I never thought of unmounting my wheel stamps from SU. I use a guide to keep it straight and sometimes that doesn't even work. lol.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card Carol. I just love making cards..... so many techniques and everyone look different and I want to try them all! LOVE this one. Thanks for sharing today.

Boopster said...

Sheila said it all - beautiful card!

Java Jen's Creations said...

I LOVE interactive cards and yours is just super! Great job!!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Carol this is so beautiful