November 6, 2013

Matchbook Gift Card Holder




Pin It
Hi everyone.

Its Carol here from http://happyexpressions.blogspot.com and I am a guest designer at She's a Sassy Lady  blog this week. Thanks for having me join you this week Sheila.

I am in need of 2 gift cards for a couple of friends. One is turning 70 and the other 60. It always seems to be a bit more difficult to make men cards. I checked out you tube and came across this really cute gift card holder using the SU envelope punch board. It looks like a matchbook card. Here is the link to her you-tube video.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhXT1elFe4 
I have the we are memory keepers envelope board and it is the same as the SU. I followed the instructions in the video and decorated it more manly. I used colorbox for the card base. The DSP is from Recollections fall stack that was on sale at Micheal's for $5. 87. It has a lot of designs that I thought would be great for the men in our lives. It also works great for envelopes to match your cards.

 The White piece for the image and the inside are SU white. I wanted vanilla but got it together and realized it wasn't vanilla. It looks fine so the other one will have the vanilla. The stamp set is Autumn Days by SU. I find it a great for men designs.  The happy birthday is also from SU. The ink used is more mustard, mostly grey and suede. old olive and artichoke markers. I did faux stitching around the image and layered it with the left over from the card base. I then added 4 brads to the image. I hope you like it and have learned something new. 

Thanks for stopping by, happy creating!

4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

You did a beautiful job in decorating this. TFS.

Karon said...

Such a wonderful idea and love the papers! TFS

Amy said...

Very pretty! Great idea--TFS!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Carol what a great gift card... Love the matchbook design and the papers you used were awesome. Thanks for sharing with us.