January 21, 2014

A Craft Room Clock

Hi everyone.  It's Karon here from Karon's Krafty Korner for my little stop by to say hi :-)  Thanks Shiela for having me come by.

I wanted to share with you a clock that I altered to put on the wall in my craft room.


This is how it started life :-)



The clock cost me $2.50 and I had a 12" by 12" canvas in my stash.

Here is the back of the clock - I bet you were wondering how I did the back.  Well, the clock came in a box and was secured to the liner by those two screw blocks - perfect for securing to the canvas,  I just cut a small square to be able to get to the battery compartment and time changer :-)



The large flowers were made using a Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret Die (this was a Christmas present from my husband, along with the coordinating stamp).  I added a little pearl dot the the centre.

The tiny little mulberry flowers were also made by hand.


The leaves are cut on my Silhouette Cameo with a cutfile from Birds Cards called Branches 1. I then used an embossing stencil to add some detail to all those leaves.


Then I came up with the idea that I could add the words "Time to Create" to my clock and would you know it there are 12 letters :-)  I used the Sweetheart Script for my letters and used the print and cut feature on my Cameo to cut out the circles.  They were then inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.


I have to admit that I am really pleased with how this turned out and it now has pride of place on my craft room wall.


Hope you all have a most wonderful week.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

6 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Amazing job, Karon. You are so clever.

Boopster said...

Your clock turned out beautifully. I love the colors - they remind me of a sunrise or a multi-colored rose.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Karon this is just beautiful! Love how delicate all the flowers and leaves look.... Thanks for sharing today!

Karon said...

Thanks so much everyone :-)

Diane said...

What a cool idea! Gonna create one of these! Thanks!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

This is too clever for words! It came out stunning! Thanks for sharing how you created this.