March 13, 2014

Christmas Swap Tags 2013

Happy Thursday, everyone! Java Jen here from JAVA JEN CREATIONS to share the tags I made for our Sassy Designers tag swap this past Christmas! Thank you, Sheila, once again for the privilege! I had planned on posting this months ago but it has been a crazy couple of months, with moving into a new house and starting a new job! At any rate, here is a pic of the finished tags and then I'll share some step-by-step pics.


Cricut cartridges used:
Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 - Tag, 6.25"H
CTMH Artbooking ----> ornament overlay- 5.12"H,
 ornament medallion - 2"H,  and snowflake - 1.75"H

Here are the tag and overlay cuts before adhering them together.

I stamped my blog stamp and signed the back of each one before finishing them so I wouldn't mess anything up on the other side. :-)

Here is a trick I used to get an even coating of adhesive for the glitter to adhere to. I ran my tags through the Xyron sticker maker, making sure the side that got the "sticky" on it was the side I wanted the glitter on. 

Here is the tag before pulling it off the Xyron backing sheet.

After pulling the tag off of the backing sheet, you can see the full layer of adhesive exposed.

First I adhere the overlay......

Then I randomly sprinkle my first glitter color over the adhesive.

Then I sprinkle the other color in the bare spots to fill the tag completely in.

I had to switch shades of my glitter colors before I was completely done with all my tags so I actually got two different hues on my finished tags. I think I really like them both! :-)

Here are the ornament medallions with the snowflake. I attached them with pop dots.

I finished them off with some Liquid Pearls to accent the ornaments and some ribbon. 

There were 16 of us in this swap so I made 16 of these lovelies! :-)  I love looking at them all completed! 

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to stop by here everyday for lots of creative inspiration! 





4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

I'm saving all the tags; they were all so great. I too use the Xyron for glittering when I can - but love the fact you adhered the overlay first! TFS.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Beautiful tags. I like the way you made them. Well done.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Boopster said...

Beautiful tags. Love the sticky stuff idea. thanks for the step-by-step instructions, as well, especially the Cricut cuts locations. I have so many of those cartridges it would have taken me FOREVER to find the one you used for the overlay - really marvelous.

Karon said...

WOW - these turned out gorgeous! I must look in to those Xyron sticker makers! Fabulous! TFS