May 16, 2014

A Birthday Cupcake Card






















Hi Everyone, Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room here sharing my project for this month and a BIG thank you to Sheila for having me again. My friend's birthday was May 12th and since she is big into making cupcakes, I thought what would be better than making her a cupcake card. I started out with a piece of orange card stock, then added a piece of white card stock as a layer. I had those circle stickies so I punched out 5 of the size I wanted, the punch worked good, but not perfect, I just had to finish cutting them out with scissors but it wasn't too bad. I used twine to cover them up. I started in the middle and just went around and around. I cut out the cupcake holder free hand and ran it through my cuttlebug using a polka dot folder. I tied stretchy ribbon around the middle. I added brown and orange stickles as decorations. I cut out another circle and adhered it on top of the cupcake and used red stickles to make it look like a cherry.

Then I stamped a sentiment. I thought it came out great and she loved it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Boopster said...

Cute card! Very imaginative to use something you know your recipient loves - a good idea.

Unknown said...

What a darling card!! I love the twine flowers!!

Karon said...

Fabulous cupcake card and love the use of twine for the top of your cake! TFS