May 17, 2014

Eight Weeks - Our First Glimpse Of Grand Baby #3!

Hello Fellow Crafters!

Sorry this post is a little late getting posted! Thanks Sheila for letting me share on your blog today.

We have some exciting news to share. Our youngest son and his girl friend are expecting our 3rd grand child in early December!  Proverb 17:6 says that Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers. We are blessed with two already and are looking forward to spoiling yet another one!

Today's post is for our little 'Baby Bean' first page in its scrapbook.  Naturally we don't know the sex of it at this time so I went with some Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime Collection and a few scraps from my scrap stack that I've yet to file away.

 
 
I used my Gypsy and two of my favorite Cricut cartridges from Close To My Heart.  The scallop circles were cut from Art Philosophy and the frame was cut from Artbooking.
 

 
 
I had just one sheet of the K&Company Neopolitan Chocolate Dots paper and my Cricut did not cut it perfectly.  I am one to use what I have and make it work for my layout so I inked up the edges and placed on my embossed Bazzil card stock. 
 
 
 
The smaller scallop was cut from  Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime Collection Fairy Folk and it cut perfectly as its a little thicker card stock.  I inked it with a Color Box Chalk ink pad as well.
 
 
 
I framed our first ultra sound picture of Baby Bean with a frame from the Artbooking Cricut Collection. The photo is backed with a scrap of celery card stock.
 
 
 
I have these two heart stamps in my supplies. They are from Hero Arts and A Muse Artstamp. I stamped them on more coordinating card stock scraps using a dark chocolate ink and fussy cut them.
 
 
A friend of mine blessed me with this stamp and its un-mounted so I am not at all sure who made it, but its cute and I though it was fitting for this layout.
 
 
I found this chatterbox ribbon in my supplies and think it adds a feminine touch to the layout.
 
 
For my title I went to my Silhouette Studio and cut my title out using AR CHRISTY font on my computer.  I cut it from a piece of Baja Blue card stock from Stampin Up!
 
 
My title was added using some dimensional adhesive and I added a few metal baby accessories to the layout from my supplies. 
 
 
Thanks for coming by today! I already have a new ultrasound picture, so I'll be back with another baby themed layout next month. I'll try to squeeze a photo in of the parents to be on that one too!
 
Blessing and His Peace,
 
Donna Lee
 
 

1 comments:

Karon said...

WOW Donna - I love the lay out and what fabulous papers! TFS