May 7, 2014

Your Special Day





Pin It
Hi everyone,

My name is Carol and my blog is Happy Expressions. It's my turn to share with you again this week at She's A Sassy Lady. Thank you for having me again this week Sheila.

I am sharing this adorable card I made from the images of Deedee's Digis. This digi is called "no it's not a tie." The card base is SU pacific point cs. The images were printed onto neenah cs. I cut two small stripes for more interest and added them to the top and bottom of the card. The banner is the SU petite banner  punch using real red cs and the DSP that was in the scrap box. (yes I realize the writing is upside down). I didn't change it encase I ripped the card. It will be a conversation piece. lol!

 I decided to make it a one layer card. What I did was go into MS word and added the digi image. I then used a sq sized at 5.5x4.25. I would hover over the image just until I could make sure I had the image centered where I wanted it. Then I deleted the sq. I left the other side blank so I could fold my card in half. I did the same for the inside of the card to center the sentiment. I then cut it down to 5.25x4 and centered on the inside of the card. I have a wood banner stamp from the dollar store and stamped that above the sentiment. I colored them in with copic markers. B26, R24,YG67,Y13. I added some wink of stella and sequins to finish off the card. I hope you have enjoyed this card and it has given you some inspiration.

I will enter this card into these challenges.

Deedee's Digi - progressive with the above image.

Thank you all for stopping by. Have a blessed happy day!

4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Such a fun card. I too adhered a DP paper flower to a card with the writing on the DP going sideways! TFS (and making me know I'm not alone in the upside down writing department).

Boopster said...

Beautiful colors! such a happy card. Thanks for sharing.

Karon said...

Such a wonderful card - love the panda bear! TFS

Unknown said...

This card is darling!!!