September 4, 2014

September Holiday Card Share

Hey everyone....it's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail,and that means it is time for another version of a Christmas card.  The card I'm sharing today is pretty traditional, featuring some beautiful papers from the Echo Park Christmas This and That 6 by 6 paper pad.  


Check it out:


I used a lot of scraps for this card.  I keep my scraps of each 6 by 6 pad in a clear baggie tucked inside each separate pad.  That's an organizational method that has worked well for me and I find I actually use a lot of scraps up this way.  For this card, the oval shapes were cut using the Creative Memories oval cutting system.  I inked the edges of the white oval using Cateye Chalk Ink.  The basket was stamped on a scrap from that paper pad and then I cut it out using my Cutterbee scissors (love those!).  I stamped the basket filler and colored it with Copic Markers.  The basket stamps are by PTI and are from the "Vintage Picnic Basket" stamp sets.   The banner is a shape I cut using my Silhouette Cameo.  The sentiment is from SP&Company's "Oh Christmas Tree" stamp set.   And those tiny brads....they came from Stampin' UP!

Here's a close up so you can see that adorable basket.

Are you working on your holiday cards yet?  Do you make a variety or are all your cards the same?

Have a super day!



3 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful card. I have been doing a monthly challenge so now I have a grand total of 6 cards made. lol Long way to go!!

Dianne said...

I am just now going to my Christmas cards. Never have an idea in mind until I start to make them. They seem to come out quite nicely. No two are the same.

Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love your Christmas card thank you for joining us today at She's a Sassy Lady inch sharing such a wonderful card.