April 21, 2015

Friendship Card

This A2 card gets my vote for the easiest card I have ever made. I started with an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of patterned cardstock, cut in half width-wise.


Hello Friend, card front

Sentiment

The 'hello friend' sentiment was cut using the Cricut Beyond Birthdays cartridge. I shadowed it in a charcoal gray.

The dragonfly took a little bit of time. This was mostly because I was using a new die and stamp set, and tried to get too fancy with the vellum wings. I do like that they are still transparent, yet with a little bit of veining.





Inside


Since my aim was to make this attractive yet quick, I did not over-embellish the inside. I did however, print a custom message inside. This is easy to do in Word as a text box. 





And while I was at it, I printed my own little logo on the flip side to appear on the back near the bottom (another text box).





Embellishments

  • The obvious embellishment is the dragonfly, of course. Cut twice - once from white cs, once from vellum. I trimmed off the wings from the white one and sponged the body with aqua and light green. Then I adhered the body to the vellum layer. A couple of blue rhinestones finish him off.
  • I chose a ribbon that coordinates with the yellow and gray in the sentiment. Before applying ribbon to the yellow bottom strip, I punched the edge with my MS lattice punch.

I hope my friend likes her card. This one was fun to make!
I'd love for you to drop by my blog at Gracenotes For Today.



3 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Lovely card, Grace. TFS. I too like to use Word to print the inside of my cards.

Cocoa's Mom said...

So pretty, Grace. The dragonfly is a perfect touch. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is a great card! Love how you typed tine inside. Thanks for sharing.