April 27, 2015

Screen Divider Card with Envelope


























Hello my fellow scrappers,

Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room here to share another project for the month. I saw this card on Dawn's site and fell in love with it. I love cards that are different and this card can be made for so many different occasions. I made it for a friend's birthday.

It starts off with card stock measured at 5 1/2" x 11". You need to cut 4 each of layers of colors of your choice, the card stock, I used blue, for the layers, I used white, measured at 2 1/8" x 4", yellow, measured at 2 3/8" x 4 1/4" and black, measured at 2 1/2" x 4 3/8".

The base of the card, score it on the landscape side, (the 11" side,) at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", and 8 1/4". Fold the card in half and put a pencil mark at the bottom of the score line to use as a guide for punching a border. I used a scallop border. Then you can fold the card, mountain and valley folds. On the bottom, the decorative label punch was used to create "feet" for the card to stand.

Then you decorate the top layer of each panel and adhere them together and then to the base and you have this darling card. I just love it. "Thanks Dawn" :)

The envelope was made on the envelope punch board, starting out with a piece of card stock measured at 9 1/4" x 9 1/4", the first score will be at 4 3/8" then you just score each corner from there. I also rounded off the corners. I stamped a cupcake and a sentiment on the envelope.

Well, there you have it, a sweet card and envelope to match. Thanks for stopping by and thanks Sheila for having me for another month :)

4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Such a clever card, Lisa. I love it. I follow Dawn too and love her creative folds.

Krafthead said...

I love this! Nicely done~

Cocoa's Mom said...

Oooh! I love this card, Lisa, and can't wait to try it out. TFS : )

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lisa this is a beautiful card and since I have seen it I have been trying to figure out how to do it on design space. If I could get the background only I could always bring it up and change the embellishments and colors. I will let you know if I figure it out. Thanks for sharing with us.