February 16, 2016

First Project with Cricut Explore Air

Hello, crafters! It's Grace from Grace Notes for Today. I'm happy to share my first card made with the help of Design Space and my new Cricut Explore Air. 

Flower Pot Pocket Card

Flower Pot Pocket Card, by Grace Baxter

For the pot, I created my own template. After checking some similar styles online, I found that I didn't like the shape or smaller sizes. There are several flower pots available on cartridges but again, I wanted a cuff that I could decorate.

Details

Size:  The pot, full length before gluing sides is 11 inches long, 4-1/2" wide.
Flowers: 1 @ 2.79"w, 1 @ 2.89"w, 1 @ 2"W. Flowers are all from Forever Young.
Name plate on pot: Cut from Heritage, name was written with Explore Air. Attached with silver heart brads.
Butterfly:  Butterfly from Imagine More Cards, cut at 1.7"

I stapled a piece of green ribbon at the top, to indicate that the flower card needs to be pulled out. For the message on the card, I used the writing feature in Design Space. Sorry I don't remember what fonts as I tested many.

Flower Pot pocket card, by Grace Baxter

If you would like my template for this flower pot, please become a follower of my blog (click blue "Join This Site" button in right side bar) and leave me a comment requesting the template. Don't forget to give me your email address so I can send it to you. I'd love for you to visit my blog at GraceNotes4today.blogspot.com.


6 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful card, Grace. And welcome to DS/Explore. You did a fabulous job for your first card. Cannot wait to see what's next.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Grace I am so impressed! You did great on it and don't you just love Design Space, so easy to work with and you will find your creativity will soar! Thank you for sharing today.

Boopster said...

Lovely card. The flower pot and bouquet are adorable - such a sweet idea!

Chris said...

I am sure you will love your Explore, I sure love mine! Your Flower Pot card is beautiful and I would love to have the template. I joined your site and look forward to seeing all your creative projects!
Chris my e mail is : trezzsc@aol.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very pretty card Grace, I am very impressed that is your first card.

Cocoa's Mom said...

Yahoo! You got an Explore, Grace! Your card is just lovely and I am going to scraplift the idea of a decorated cuff. : ) TFS