March 22, 2016

Bunny Hop Easter Card

Happy Easter!

bunny hop Easter card, by Grace Baxter

Hello again, friends! Grace Baxter here from Grace Notes for Today and I'm delighted to share an Easter card with you as my March contribution to She's a Sassy Lady blog.

This Easter scene started out as a simple card but when I discovered a cute picket fence in Design Space, the card took on its own design!

The bunny, Peter Cottontail's sister Pipi, takes front and centre as she hops over the garden fence. She is cut from white CS and shaded in all the right places.

bunny hop, closeup. By Grace Baxter
Pipi Cottontail, all dolled up for Easter
This card is a generous size: 4-1/2" x 6-1/4" landscape style. I've given it plenty of dimension. The frame is popped with dimensionals and the bunny has double dimension.

Inside Poem

I always like to give my Easter cards real meaning, even when I design a fun or secular motif like this one. There really IS just ONE reason for the holiday. So the inside features a new poem I wrote for this Easter season. I am using it on most of my Easter cards this year.

Easter card poem, Spirit of Hope. By Grace Baxter

Cartridges Used

Easter 2010 - Bunny
Walk in My Garden - Tulips
Holiday Cakes - Happy Easter sentiment
My World - fence frame

If you like this card design, I'd love to hear about it!

for more card ideas.

Wishing you all the Blessings of Easter


0 comments: